1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

TBR Interview- Madison Bumgarner

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

All of the things that you mentioned are true 007. I don't disagree with you, but there are quite a few great programs that are academically challenging as well. Rice, Vanderbuilt, Stanford, just to name a few. But a few things to keep in mind. Yes, Bard was drafted in the 20th round, but was offered 1st round money (in the 7 digits). Miller was disappointed, but I don't know what he was offered out of HS. But your point about UNC players being a tough sign has a lot of merit.

Cameron made no bones about his desire to play Pro Ball immediately, but he was a good student as well. He could have chosen any school he desired, including UNC. The difference was Cameron was using a college for leverage. Bard and Miller had the desire to go to a specific university, unless an offer that they "couldn't refuse" was on the table.

I have the feeling the same sentiments are held by Madison...but that's just my opinion.

2. 007

007 Full Access Member

Agreed and you can add Ga Tech.
    I should have qualified that by saying "for the money" since less than 12 scholarships are split over 30-40 players and UNC is listed the #1 value in the US right now.

3. baseballmom34

baseballmom34 Full Access Member

MADISON BUMGARNER

StateGames-3 (100).JPG

My son had the privilege of playing with Madison on the State Games Region 7 team. When he first met Madison he wasn't really sure what to expect. After the first day my son came to me and said you know mom, Madison is great, he's a red neck just like me! Congratulation Madison, stay grounded and may God continue to bless you!

4. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

I saw that!

The only ball I've seen a high schooler hit as hard was Alex White's homer in the state championship game against Ragsdale in Greensboro's First Horizon Park - that thing hit the top of the wall in dead center (400 feet) at least 30 - 40 feet up. Someone said it was the longest shot they had ever seen there.

5. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

hmmmm

so will Alex White be a HITTER & PITCHER for Fox's tarheels?

6. tj21

tj21 Moderator

I'm quite sure the ball Madison hit against us hasn't landed yet. Gotta tip your hat to anyone that does that,,, and btw great interview. Wishing him all the best from Kannapolis.

7. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

TJ....he hit them against all of us...couple of times he hit 2 against us in one night. Man that kid can hit a baseball. Hopefully Coach Fox will let him do both (if he makes it to UNC).

8. Braves

That's because neither of you had Brian (The Magician) Chandler. Fortunately, for Madison, he played on his team. Brian actually had a pitch with two gears. He would throw his FB and run off the mound and push it to one side or the other...he is unhittable!!!!...and nobody ever saw his 90's FB because he was always "channeling" his speed. He thought it was too "passe" to throw it that hard.

Yep, as great as Madison is, he couldn't touch the Magician

9. NC Baseball Fan

NC Baseball Fan Full Access Member

just thought i would pass along that madison has started the interviewing process with the ml scouts. I wanted to wish him the best with what ever decision is made.

10. Braves

In deference to Madison's great performance I am bringing back his HS interview