1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

TBR Interview- Monte Sherrill

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Braves, Apr 28, 2007.

1. RobAC65

RobAC65 By Grace Through Faith!!

yeah.. still it just kinda makes me irritated.. i mean im sure whenever i finish my degree and start coaching HS football and everything. no matter what decision ill make they'll have brats in the stands thinking they could and would do a better job than me.. but its easy to do sittin up in the stands.. im guilty of 2nd guessing decisions and everything but dont bash someone.. we all make mistakes.. and i dont know of a coach that is trying to make the wrong decision. but yeah Sherrill's a great guy.. if anybody has read the interview with him they'll understand.. if not go check it out its on the softball thread.. just spend more time supporting the girls n cheering instead of talking amongst urselves about what a bad job a numerous state champ coach is doing calling the shots

2. marlinfan1

marlinfan1 Full Access Member

Dish it out.....then take it.....

...when it comes your way folks. That applies to all of us!!!!! If you're gonna preach on and on and on about how great thou are, then don't sling any snot crying to your competitors! Again this applies to all of us! MS is damn good for the game that we love. So AC got beat, ok, put this loss, along with a hell of alot of wins, in the drawer, just as you would do if it was a photo or snapshot of anything else in time. And one day, pull that memory out of the drawer and say "now that was a cool time in my life, we were damn good"! I bet $1 to $100 to anybody in TBR that when we all look back on HS, parents, the kids, all of us will not only think of teammates but we'll remember our opponents.

3. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

The ones that badmouth Monte just don't know the man. Monte is truly a good person. I am very proud to say he is a friend of mine. He will be a friend of yours, if you will give him a chance!

4. RobAC65

srry

srry and maybe its cuz its late marlinfan but i didnt quite understand ur post.. lol but yeah we'll just chalk this one up as a loss to go with a gazillion wins for sherrill.

5. marlinfan1

OK RobAC.....

... what I'm saying is not a personal attack at MS or AC or CC or anybody else. I'm saying that with all of the good publicity and props to an athlete, coach, or program,...there comes, INEVITABLY, the negatives. especially win you lose! Its just human nature in sports to want to knock the top dog off the totem pole. I hope you get what I'm saying here, but if you don't, I promise you will one day. And, better to be at the top and have teams trying to knock you off, than to never reach that level!!!!!!

6. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

Marlin I was standing beside a man in Concord NC tonite, and guess who he was talking to?

7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Great coaches could care less what the bleacher coaches think. They don't give them one second thought. If they did they wouldn't be outstanding coaches

8. RobAC65

i understand it now.. srry i had a major brain lapse lol

9. marlinfan1

THIS ONE IS EASY!!!!!

......without folks who give their time, UNCONDITIONALLY I'LL ADD, like the Dobbins, Sherrills, Ladds, Roberts, and many others who I've not mentioned, and BTW they know who they are and could care less about getting mentioned, ...THATS what makes these folks SO special and important to all of us to have fastpitch go in the right direction! We're one big team in the end!!!!......hey, I'm all about team but just because I don't coach 3rd anymore gives ya'll no right to send me out to Bojangles for cajun biscuits! I love the game and want to help, but I'm done with missing the 1st 3 innings of an 8 a. m. game!!!!!

10. marlinfan1

Lets see......UHHHHH....

....JFK is out, John Belushi....nope, OK, Jeopardy with host Alex Trebeck....my answer.....who is.....Comets biggest admirer!!!!! Gotcha, pal!