1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

TBR member's son 2012 season

Discussion in 'College Baseball' started by Braves, Feb 5, 2012.

1. catcher10

catcher10 Full Access Member

That's good stuff right there! Congrats to Jacob. He still needs to cool down a little when you guys play App State, but I'm not betting on it.

2. Eagles 1313

Eagles 1313 Full Access Member

Ryan had a good start against VMI, 7IP, 7H, 0R 1BB and 6K's and left the game up 2-0 and ended up with a no decision, but the Bulldogs pulled out a 5-4 win. Bulldogs also won 6-4 Saturday and are ahead 4-2 looking for a Big South opening sweep!

3. Low & Slow

Low & Slow Full Access Member

William Frazier (Charlotte Country Day '11) got his first taste of Southern Conference action Saturday vs. UNC-Greensboro. After the first reliever in the 9th inning allowed 4 straight batters to reach, William came in with the bases loaded and one out. The first batter he faced was the Southern Conference HR leader & top 5 nationally (9 HRs) and after a first pitch ball, he struck him out with three straight swinging strikes and then retired the #4 hitter with another strikeout to end the game.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  4. Bonsway

Bonsway Full Access Member

ECU

With their backs against the wall, the Pirates knew that they had to come out swinging in Sunday's Conference game against UCF (which was Nationally televised) to prove that they may have been down, but they were not out. And swinging they did with my son leading the charge. He went 5 for 6 with 5 runs, an rbi and two stolen bases. I guess he likes playing on television. Yesterday was a fun game and a good win for our Pirate boys. They need to carry this momentum to this weeks' game against NC State. Let's sweep 'em boys!

Go PIRATES!!!

5. baseballx3

baseballx3 Full Access Member

You are correct Braves.....

this is the best thread on here.

We got us some Carolina boys that can play! Yell it from the mountains and be proud of your boys. It's a great read for the rest of us.

6. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I'm wondering where all the other guys not posting. I know Alex Wood is having a phenomenal year--Chase McDonald, and dozens of others.

I'm going to make a list of as many players I can think of that were actively participating on TBR.

I want to hear sbout all of them--even if they are injured. I want to know how rehab is going and the expectations of when he will be back.

7. SSICKNSTY

SSICKNSTY Member

I would like to congradulate my son Daniel Whitecavage of the Surry Knights for once again being ranked 39th in the nation in batting average and ranked #1 in his conference. He is swinging .488 and slugging .571. In his last game against Danville, BIG D went 6-10 with 3 dbls and 3 singles and threw out two runners trying to steal.

8. Piratefan18

Piratefan18 Full Access Member

After sitting out last year, my son is back at UNC Pembroke and he is back on the field. His average has stayed above .300. Yesterday vs league foe Flagler he was 2 for 4, with a double and three rbi. As a catcher he is also throwing out about 60% of the baserunners. It sure has been fun watching him having fun again playing the game he loves so much.

9. catcher10

catcher10 Full Access Member

Magical Weekend

My son had one of those magical weekends of baseball where almost nothing could go wrong. 8 for 12, (1) HR, (2) doubles, (5) singles, (1) BB, (1) HBP, (6) runs scored, (7) RBI. Back to work tomorrow, but way to go son! App State swept Oakland and many of the Mountaineers had great games.

10. baseballx3

baseballx3 Full Access Member

He is just tearing it up this year. Tyler is the man! Congrats Nick and Tyler.