1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

TBR member's son 2012 season

Discussion in 'College Baseball' started by Braves, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I know Deez is ready for the season...and no one one outside Deez's family is more excited to see Chase light it up then me...shoot, I may hitch a ride and take a bath at Deez's just so I can impress my new friends at Pirateland!!!

Did I hear right? That Riney went yard in his first at bat?

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Congrats seamer!! It makes all those cold opening days and hot summers worth it. It's a feeling shared by all when they see their son in a college uni the first time. It makes one reflect on the years leading up to it.

3. baseballnut

baseballnut Full Access Member

Olin has gotten off to a great start, as had Wingate up to this weekend. Believe Olin will be very valuable this year, what a competitor that can pitch too. Wingate can realy hit, and with defense better this year, looking for a BIG year.

4. catcher10

catcher10 Full Access Member

My boy started with a good solid weekend of baseball. Batted .300, 3 game hit streak, scored a couple, one rbi, threw out the only runner that attempted to steal, and stole two bases of his own. Not Player of the Week numbers, but he'll take it. App State goes 2 and 1 for the weekend and travels to #8 LSU next weekened.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  5. Falcon#3

Falcon#3 Full Access Member

Preston Morrison Gets the W

Not my son, but one that I would gladly claim. Preston Morrison came in today in his first collegiate appearance (TCU) vs. Ole Miss. Score tied 3-3 and politely sat down 10 batters allowing no hits, no runs and no walks. TCU wins 5-3. Way to go Preston!!!!!

6. texasleaguer

texasleaguer Full Access Member

Cuthbertson High School's (2011) Preston Morrison

Falcon - You beat me to it. Was able to watch it live on-line this afternoon. 3.1 innings with only 37 pitches. That's working it! Way to go Preston!

For anybody that might have young one's coming up through the baseball ranks. Many may not know this, but Preston never made his middle school team. May not seem like much, but I believe it made Preston that much more determined to hone his skills, produce exceptionally in HS, and is now making an impact at the highest levels of college baseball. Besides a GPA that rises into the upper-stratosphere, Preston is doing something that he loves because of his hard work and determination. That's good stuff!

7. tlj68

tlj68 Junior Member

Way to go PM!

I had the pleasure of watching Preston play for two years when he was on the same team as my son. I always enjoyed watching him pitch because he was so efficient - he might not blow it by you, but he could certainly spot his pitches as well or better than anyone I've seen. Vary rarely would you ever see one of his pitches above the batters knees. I'm so happy for Preston and I look forward to following his collegiate career.

8. cbsconsult

cbsconsult Full Access Member

Nate Smith - NCCU

My son had a decent weekend against UNC-Asheville. He was 4 for 11 with 3 doubles. We battled hard but dropped all 3 to the Bulldogs. Great crowds for all 3 games. Good luck to UNCA this season. Their Ryan Dull, Dean Roland, and Drew Spear are quality starters and should propel UNCA to a good season. Oh yeah....the Bulldogs can hit a little bit too!

9. beohj

beohj Full Access Member

Thanks, baseballnut. Olen is very happy with the start to the season. He gains more and more confidence each time he takes the mound and takes care of the competition. Makes a world of difference when a player feels the coach has confidence in you. He had a big smile on his face when I told him Braves was at the game to see him pitch. Not the outcome Wingate wanted this weekend but they will bounce back.

10. beohj

beohj Full Access Member

The Bulldogs will bounce back. They host Catawba this weekend.