1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

TBR member's sons 2011 season

Discussion in 'College Baseball' started by Braves, Feb 13, 2011.

1. anotherspartanfan

anotherspartanfan Full Access Member

I hope you know something I don't know. We don't have a clue if his name will be called. Lots of interest but no one blowing up our phone. Need all the advise ANYone is willing to give. Blow up my message box with all this forums advice, it would be great!
    Giants scout introduced himself to Cody this weekend. How cool would it be for 2 South Caldwell players to go to the same ball club?
    Dillan Poarch is a cousin and we were at that game!!! Poarch boys have talent! LOL However, Cody has done his best work when it's been across middle Tenn. and we weren't there!!
    Because of that no hitter he received this: http://www.njcaa.org/newsArticle.cfm?articleId=14579&category=National&archive=false&regionId=1
    Pretty cool!!
    Believe me, I will remember the ones who have been his TRUE fans.
    Good to be back on TBR!!!

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Just don't forget that 'nana pudding. That's all I want...oh, and an autograph baseball, too....and free tickets to his game...oh, and first born named after me :55:...and free hot dogs and a cold beverage while attending:FODIeat2:. That's all. By the way, I stand by what I said!

3. Prepster

Prepster Full Access Member

It's a proud week-before-Father's Day as I realize that my son's about to have the opportunity to participate in his third College World Series; albeit in a different role than in the past.

He, the team's players, and his fellow coaches should be very proud of finishing their season in a way that virtually no one had predicted coming into it. Congratulations to them and the 7 other teams that have one more tournament remaining in this season's campaign.

As in so many of life's pursuits, the combination of hard work and ability can bring exceptional results in baseball.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  4. Braves

It will be interesting to hear Woody's thoughts going back as a coach, and the difference in his emotions between competing as a player vs as a coach.

I can imagine what it would be like, but unless you have been in his position, one would never really know.

5. Diesel1

Diesel1 Stay Strong, Uncle Sam.

Howdy Braves! We still farming dirt down here. I heard a rumor we might be getting indoor running water soon. Other than that, all's good Down East.

6. Braves

LOL......don't count your chickens...

I've been following your boy all year. What a terrific freshman year---All Freshman in the conference!!! Plus his amazing post season achievements.

Now he is tearing up the CPL. I would say it must be the water out east, but....it ain't runnin' yet. Amazing young man, super talented...and his dad ain't too bad either.

7. Bonsway

Bonsway Full Access Member

8. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

Nice thread you have going here Braves.....i enjoyed the good reading...

:59:

9. Diesel1

Diesel1 Stay Strong, Uncle Sam.

Now that the season is officially over, I will say I am very grateful and happy for the season my son has had in his first year of college baseball.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  10. Stretchlon

Stretchlon Stars

Summer Collegiate All American!

Massive first sacker nearly won triple crown; topped CPL in batting (.403), RBIs (51), second in HRs (13)