1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

TBR member's sons 2011 season

Discussion in 'College Baseball' started by Braves, Feb 13, 2011.

1. bbrksfan

bbrksfan Full Access Member

I had the pleasure of watch your son a few times this summer. All you can say is WOW! I loved watching him swing the bat. He just hit it hard... Line Drive, ground ball, oppo, yard!

As my son played for Florence, we got to see Mr. McDonald play several times. He is an exciting player to watch. Congratulations on a Great Season!

2. PTBaseball

PTBaseball Full Access Member

Better late than never, as they say...

Cory Tilton had another fine season at Charlotte in 2011, leading the 49ers in RBI (45) and stolen bases (31), leading the Atlantic 10 Conference in stolen bases, winning the Atlantic 10 Conference Baseball Student-Athlete of the Year, and getting to play in another NCAA Regional in Tempe, AZ.

Cory was one of ten finalists selected nationally for the Lowe's Senior CLASS Award for his excellent work on the field, in the classroom and in the community, and was named to the Lowe's Senior CLASS First-Team All-America team.

For his career, Cory finished third all-time in 49er program history with 73 stolen bases and fourth with 16 triples. He also finished in the Top 15 for a 49er in runs scored (162), RBI (148), games played (206) and fielding percentage (.996).

Cory had a great run, and it was a great ride for me as well… Enjoy the time you have with your sons, it passes so quickly!!!

3. bulldogbaseball

bulldogbaseball Member

I hope this thread is continued in 2012. i enjoyed reading it and hope to comment on my son throughout the year.

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Yep, with the college season cranking up, it's time to start a new thread--2012!

5. cbsconsult

cbsconsult Full Access Member

I am praying that my son (Nate Smith - NCCU) can stay healthy for an entire season! I am excited to see what he can do this year!

6. catcher10

catcher10 Full Access Member

Couldn't agree more! I pray for your son, my son, and all the others to stay healthy and over achieve in 2012!

7. cbsconsult

cbsconsult Full Access Member

Who is your son and where does he play?

8. catcher10

catcher10 Full Access Member

Tyler Tewell, Junior Appalachian State, C/RF

9. CUDogs

CUDogs Junior Member

Tewell Time

My son had the pleasure of playing with tyler at butler and now he is in the thick of practice at Gardner Webb. GWU's statrs Feb 17 against MD Eastern Shore. Can't wait. He might get some playing time as a freshman at 3rd and/or short. He's working hard, trying to get the feel for the new BBCOR bats, and anticipating any opportunity presented. Good luck to the "tool-man".

10. Bonsway

Bonsway Full Access Member

ECU baseball starts on February 17 against WI. Every off-season seems to get longer and longer. I hope the beautiful, warm weather lasts and that opening day is as perfect as it was last year against Youngstown. I love baseball at any level and I wish all the players (the ones that I know and even those that I do not know) the best of luck for a successful season (unless you are playing against ECU - then I hope individually, you play well, but that we beat ya!) Go PIRATES!!!!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012