1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

TBR member's sons 2011 season

Discussion in 'College Baseball' started by Braves, Feb 13, 2011.

1. hititfar

hititfar Full Access Member

Congrats to you for having two very successful sons....which game are you going to?

2. heels0710

heels0710 Full Access Member

Which game?

I would have loved to been in Los Angeles but Jonathan's opening game in Greenville is where I will be. Thanks for asking.

3. pirates05

pirates05 baseball-lifer

My son Alex started his senior season today with unc-wilmington. they beat Jacksonville University and he was 2-3 with two runs scored a rbi and a stolen base.

4. bigal

bigal Full Access Member

That's a pretty typical game for A. Hill. Little know fact is that Alex holds the NC high school single season and career batting average titles. Alex has been playing ball and doing well since i met him about ten years ago and is now a fine young man.

5. catcher10

catcher10 Full Access Member

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  6. Prepster

Prepster Full Access Member

To heels0710:

Brian,

Greg was "lights out" today against a very solid lineup from Cal Poly! He was throwing absolute gas at batters' knees (92-94 on the Stalker) and his breaking ball was really working. The combination was devastating to opposing batters and gave us the opportunity that we needed to break the tie in the 9th and win.

There were quite a few scouts in attendance, and they couldn't have come away with anything less than a stellar opinion.

I was really glad to have had the opportunity to catch his eye briefly after the game and congratulate him on a terrific performance. He's going to be a real stalwart in the midst of what might be the deepest, most solid pitching staff UNC has had in at least the last 10 years.

Meanwhile, it's great that you had the opportunity to be there for Jonathan's game. There are few games more special than a Freshman's first one.

Best of luck to both sons throughout the season!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  7. baseballx3

baseballx3 Full Access Member

Outstanding!! so proud of Tyler. He is going to be a force in college baseball. just took some time for the staff to figure that out.

8. baseballx3

baseballx3 Full Access Member

Brad didn't get the start in game one, but when he started game 2 he took advantage. went 2-4 with a double, single and walk. 2 RBI including the ultimate game winner with a 2 out single against the Citadel. He was pumped and I was fired up for him.

9. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

East Carolina University- Young Bucs

A trio of freshmen, Chase McDonald, Drew Reynolds and Jack Reinheimer, had back to back to back base hits to help lead the Pirates to their opening day 11-3 win.

What was equally impressive was the attendance for the game...over 4,000!!!!

ECU may become the PLACE to be for recruits. Something magical is happening in G-Vegas.:REDanceBanana008:

10. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Yee haw...that's my boy!!!!!