1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

TBR member's sons 2011 season

Discussion in 'College Baseball' started by Braves, Feb 13, 2011.

1. cubsfan24

cubsfan24 Junior Member

Congrats to Grrrr... We are all proud of him

2. Eagles 1313

Eagles 1313 Full Access Member

Gman....he did one hell of a job yesterday! Wish I could have seen that!! He's having a great senior year thus far! Hope to see you at the ball field sometime this spring!

3. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

Thanks, as always, for your encouragement.

4. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

And I just realized this was in the college baseball forum! Sorry.

5. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

Asheville wins today also, 7-6. Coach Smith has them playing well.

6. Gman13'sdad

Gman13'sdad Full Access Member

as Paul Harvey used to say... "now, for the rest of the story"

The Bulldogs tied up the game in the bottom of the 9th to send it into extras. Then had to score 2 in the bottom of the 11th to tie it up again. In the bottom of the 12th with the bases loaded with 2 outs Catlin Carter, Ragsdale '07/Dirtbags scored the winning run on a Nick Collazo base hit.

7. Bonsway

Bonsway Full Access Member

ECU - or as I like to call them - The Cardiac Kids

Below are the games notes for the ECU Pirate boys and I'm gonna brag a little about my kid. :)

INSIDE THE (ECU) NUMBERS
    Seven pitchers with at least eight innings or work have an ERA of 2.25 or lower and five with a sub-2.00 ERA ... On a national scale, the Pirates rank second in ERA (1.67) and opposing batting average (.203) ... They have allowed 39 earned runs (sixth) and tossed five shutouts (t-8th) ... ECU owns an 8-3 record in one-run games and a 2-1 ledger in two-run contests through 23 games ... In 18 home games the Pirates are averaging 2,965 fans per contest which ranks in the Top-20 in national attendance ... ECU ranks fifth nationally in defensive runs per game (2.7), ninth in overall wins (18) and tied for 12th in winning percentage (78.3) ... ECU's starters own a 2.32 ERA, while the bullpen boasts a 0.57 ERA allowing 12 runs (five earned) in 78.1 innings.

Pirate Hitter of the Week
    Jack Reinheimer, Freshman, SS
    Reinheimer led the Pirates with a .556 (5-for-9) average during their series win over Memphis in Conference USA play ... The true freshman was 3-for-3 at the dish in ECU's 5-3 come from behind win over the Tigers on Saturday in game two of the doubleheader ... In the series opener he was 2-for-3, scored the game-winning run and extended his current hitting streak to a career-best six games ... On the weekend he recorded a pair of multi-hit games and his three hits in game two of the DH was a new career-high ... He also led the squad in hits (5), slugging percentage (,667) and on-base percentage (.636), while tying Zach Wright with six total bases ... On the season he is batting a team second-best .328 (20-for-61) with eight runs, seven RBI and leads ECU with four game-winning RBI.

Yea..I'm a little proud of my boy (and the boys!). :remybussi:

8. bigstars

bigstars Full Access Member

my son is a freshman pitcher/outfielder at Surry CC. His name is keith Prowse (Hopewell High school). Keith has been pitching in a closer role and has 12 Ks in only 6 innings pitched. Keith is 2-0 in save situations and also has a win for a 1-0 record as he pitched middle relief with the score tied to get the win. With 12 Ks he leads the team with strike outs to innings pitched. Keith has gotten with a great pitching coach at surry in coach Anthony. The knights now have a 21-7 record and still playing very well under their skipper Coach Lowe.

9. SoutherNo1

SoutherNo1 Full Access Member

You are correct about Coach Anthony. My son had him as a pitching coach one summer and loved him.

10. SSICKNSTY

SSICKNSTY Member

I want to congratulate my son, Daniel Whitecavage (Hopewell High School) the Catcher for Surry Community College for his batting average of .444, slg .741 and 3 game average of .500. He has hit 12 RBI's with 27 ab's. This last weekend he went 3-6 with 3 doubles and 4 RBI's. GO KNIGHTS!!! We are really PROUD of OUR SON!!!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011