1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

TBR Preseason Top 25 Softball Teams (WNC)

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by CFBall, Jan 27, 2004.

1. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

TBR Top 25 Softball Teams (WNC)

TBR Top 25 teams in WNC area preseason poll is out and we are sure it will change throughout the year. The next poll will be conducted March 15th, after a couple of weeks of play and we wish each team the best of luck on their march to Raleigh in 2004! Note: upstate SC teams will be included in this poll.

#1 Central Caburass
    #2 Forbush
    #3 North Davidson
    #4 West Rowan
    #5 Butler
    #6 West Forsyth
    #7 East Rowan
    #8 Indian Land, SC
    #9 Myers Park
    #10 South Alamance
    #11 St. Stephens
    #12 Forest Hill
    #13 Enka
    #14 North Meck
    #15 East Rutherford
    #16 AC Reynolds
    #17 Providence
    #18 NW Guilford
    #19 Weddington
    #20 East Lincoln
    #21 J.M.Robinson
    #22 Cherryville
    #23 T.C.Roberson
    #24 Ashbrook
    #25 Starmount (tie)
    #25 Harnett Central (tie)

Honorable Mention: Kings Mountain, West Stanly, Alexander Central, East Henderson, Franklin

we want to hear from our softballers from across the state so please check in with any comments reference this poll or thoughts on teams not listed with some supportive information/stats. Hopefully in the next few days we can get the Eastern NC TBR Poll out!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2004
  2. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

HS Poll

Unless Myers Park gets a coach soon and Meredith strikes out 21 a game, I do not see them as a #9 team. Two seniors got a group of the girls together and worked out but there has been nothing else done to help this school continue what they did last year. Big mistake letting the coach go! She was a great motivator and was a big reason for the wondeful success last year. Of course Meredith, Becky, Susan, and others played very well. Providence will be tough, Butler should be but they do have young pitching that will have to carry them but their speed could kill if they use it. CF looks pretty good, lots of thought put into the poll. CC with all their talent should breeze but don't be surprised if they have some "riff", will not say anymore. Best of luck to all the HS. Oh NW Cabarrus could surprise a few. They play Central tough every year and have beaten them on occassion.

3. goal3x

goal3x Junior Member

Just a few thoughts on the poll.

*great call on W. Forsyth at #6. They are a sleeper this year. Great pitcher, and good solid players everywhere. The way the brackets are set up, I predict West to be in Raleigh come June...........

*Starmount will move up in the poll I believe. They have 95% of the team back with two great pitchers. Beat W. Forsyth last year and only losses in regular season where to West, Forbush 2X, and East Surry. Look for them to be back in Raleigh.

*I believe West Rowan and Central Cabarrus are neck and neck for the #1 spot. West doesn't have a pitcher who throws it in the 60's but she is very, very good. Just ask Forbush and North Davidson. After two early losses last year( due to basketball in my opinion) they didn't lose again. They have the best position players bar none and that line up of slappers will kill anyone. Can you say 3peat.

*Forbush is the Question Mark. They will be good but it might take a while. The word is they will start 2 Freshman(who are outstanding, however they are still Fresh.), and 1 Soph. But they have a strong core of 6 seniors who have been a big part of 2 Championships. Their first 6 games include W. Rowan, W. Forsyth, Unicoi Tenn, Starmount 2X, and Ashe Co. Could go through some growing pains early but look for them to be strong at the end. Oh yeah they have a pretty good pitcher who hasn't lost at the high school level, that always helps.

*N. Davidson is great but replacing Craver will prove to be tough. Lost to W. Rowan last year 10-0 and Forbush without Angel. I would say top ten but not quite that high(#3). Can't wait to see W. Forsyth and North go at it, they just don't like each other. Especially after this most recent transfer from West to North. I see a trend.

Overall the poll looks great..........

4. CCFASTPITCH

CCFASTPITCH Central FASTPITCH

Rankings

1. Central
    2. West Rowan
    3. Forbush
    4. Butler
    5. North Meck
    6. North Davidson
    7. Providence
    8. West Forsyth
    9. Hopewell
    10. Myers Park
    11. West Stokes
    12. East Rowan
    13. N.W. Cabarrus
    14. Independence
    15. St. Stephens
    16. East Surry
    17. Alexander
    18. Ashe Co.
    19. South Caldwell
    20. Robinson

5. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

thanks and we are moving up as a sticky! :heart:

6. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

With the exception of knowing Becky and Susan Mathews(Myers Park) for a long time, as CFBall can attest to, I know very little about Softball.....but I hope that my Sabres of South Mecklenburg can be competitive this year.

Since, all teams start at 0-0...can I nominate them for Top 25 :D

7. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

Braves

S.Meck has always had some good players but always seem to fall just a little short. Brittany Blanton is a quality player that may have to pitch some. She is a heck of a first baseman as she proved this fall in Showcase action. Watch for South to win a few. Not sure they are top 25.

8. central-d

central-d Full Access Member

Just thought I would throw out my top 15.

1. Central Cabarrus
    2. Forbush
    3. W. Rowan
    4. Butler
    5. N. Davidson
    6. N. Meck
    7. W. Forysth
    8. E. Rowan
    9. Myers Park
    10. A.C. Reynolds
    11. Providence
    12. South Caldwell
    13. St. Stephens
    14. NW Cabarrus
    15. Hopewell

9. HS-softballfan

HS-softballfan Junior Member

Thanks!

#12 Forest Hill

Honorable Mention: West Stanly

It's nice to see Forest Hills so high on the list--after so many years of being in West Stanly's shadow. I believe it's time for the Jackets to shine. As for West Stanly, don't look for them to be honorable mention without the pitcher/catcher combination of Blackwelder and Stroupe. Their bats will also be missed in the Colt's lineup this year.

Go Jackets!!

10. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

i never count the Colts out due to the fact, they take pride in their softball and the communities that feed them are committed groups and have always been that way. Before HS Ball changed to FP.......they were one of only 3 or 4 communities who played FP in rec/travel ball while the rest of the state was still playing slow-pitch(both rec/travel and HS). Grant it Keri and Stroupe anchored them for the last couple of years but i have seen them Reload after lossing some outstanding players in years past.

Good luck to Forest Hill and i hope you will post their schedule and Keep us uptodate on all scores and stats that become available!

Welcome to TBR Softball and we hope you will find this little MB to be interesting and informative for all your softball needs! :wave: