1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

TBR Preseason Top 25 Softball Teams (WNC)

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by CFBall, Jan 27, 2004.

1. EnkaJet04

EnkaJet04 Full Access Member

Enka

You didn't think I could resist putting my two cents in....GO ENKA !!!!

2. hanger4

hanger4 Full Access Member

Oh sure, GO SUGAR JETS, it's not like your biased or anything :1luvu: . I, on the other hand, can go to any game I want, no DD pressure and just enjoy great game. I will be at some Sugar Jet, Lady Rams and Lady Warrior games. As many as possible. :1luvu: this game.

3. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

gotta love those unbiased opinions on teams/players.............interesting discussions for us emptynesters. :wavey:

whats your take on the Mountain region of WNC hs softball in your area?

4. EnkaJet04

Enka

I knew that if I chimed in with a Go Enka that I would get a response...lol
    The strong teams in the Asheville area and west are hard to pick this year. North Buncombe which was so strong last year lost their starting pitcher and some other key seniors. Not looking for them to compete for the conference title. Franklin could compete this year with a very strong senior class and the addition of Penny Thompson (UNC-G) helping out with the conditioning and coaching. T.C. Roberson will be strong riding the arm of Courtney Hudson and some other key players but they did lose their all-state catcher from last year and not sure how that will play out for them. Reynolds will be strong again with two good pitchers on the varsity and a very solid defense and offense.
    Enka will be faster than they have been. They have only 3 seniors coming back from last years team with a lot of quick younger classmen. If they gel as a team and their pitching stays strong they could be very good. Katie Blankenship (pitcher)went down last year with an elbow injury and is working hard on coming back from that. WEst Henderson will be very good again this year. Good pitching, good defense and should win their conference. I know you can never count out Owen but they have had a lot of players graduate and move to other schools. Their starting pitcher from last year moved to Erwin and should keep Erwin in a lot of games.

5. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

ooooooppppss..east or west henderson was my miss on the initial post, EnkaJet.....PM me next time you see a typo! {:smile:}

thanks for the "mountain region" preview and do keep us posted. Alittle college ball this saturday @ uncc, right!

6. sbfan4life

sbfan4life Junior Member

I too am very Glad to see Forest Hills so high up on the list, I think they have some of the best returning talent that 2a has to offer. I was shocked to see that West Stanly wasnt on the list due to the great season they had last year, but I have to agree that they will suffer from the loss of Keri on the mound, and the bats of her of Stroup. West stanly has always seemed to surprise people, but i dont see them having anyone to fill either of their shoes for this season, they lost both talent and leadership. Good luck to everyone this season, I cant wait to see softball back in action again, it has been a long off season! I dont know much about teams outside of the Charlotte Region, but from the looks of thing, its going to be another exciting year of softball!

7. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

welcome back after the offseason and hope will drop back in often to update us on your area team(s) with scores/stats and the such! We are sure you will enjoy reading about some of your Playoff or conference opponents and not to mention, friends from travel ball, who are doing well during the upcoming hs season, right Here on TBR Softball!

West Stanly is underestimated most years due to their hs classification but will always play one of the states toughest non-conference schedules around! They just contiune to re-load with fundamentally sound underclassmen each year and have that outstanding and hard working coaching staff so I wouldnt be surprised at all to see them back in the Top 25 and return to the playoffs! It will be interesting year in the RRC and look forward to seeing a few games again this year! Good Luck to you and your team!

8. EnkaJet04

Saturday

You know I am going to be there at the UNC-C game...It looks like the weather might hold out for us as well...I figured that there were a bunch of fans and supporters who thought East was going to be that good...They might but I do know that WEst will be...What time you want to meet in Shelby on Saturday?

9. Softballn08

Softballn08 Member

I would have to say that Central Cabarrus is going to be very tough this year. They have a lot of talent and a great coach. As long as they pull together as a team I expect to see them stay at the top. I do have to agree that West Rowan will also be very tough... strong line-up. However, I wanted to say that I disagreed with whoever had Hopewell in the top 25. They were definitely a powerhouse last year, but they lost most of what they had. Count on North Meck to be the next toughest in the Meca-8 Conference.

10. rattdd

rattdd Full Access Member

You never know

Hopewell will be young, but you never know what might come out. Just wait and see!