1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

TBR Preseason Top 25 Softball Teams (WNC)

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by CFBall, Jan 27, 2004.

1. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

next poll will come out by the end of March

2. Old Fan

Old Fan Member

Enka rank

3. Old Fan

Old Fan Member

A little Love for Enka and West Henderson

Enka has a lot of players back and a good coach that deserves a state title after years of putting an excellent team on the field...a little more love for West Henderson..great coach , they played three games with conf. champ Owen that were toss up games decided only on breaks..They deserve to be ranked...They should win their conference this year..Erwin has good coaching and S Burnette will keep thim in against anyone..Barry will develop a catcher and defense if he has the players to work with (only 13 went out for softball?) Was Owen the last WNC state champ?

4. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

thanks for pointing out East and i mistakenly typed them instead of West but it will be reflected in the March poll. Owen has back to back, 1999 and 2000 and the last WNC state champions. Sorry about the west/east henderson mixup but it happens........PR for East wouldnt hurt though!
    welcome!

5. EnkaJet04

EnkaJet04 Full Access Member

forgot

I do not know how I could have forgotten about Pisgah. They have two great pitchers this year both are seniors with plenty of playing experience. Haven Payne and Brittany Underwood. I have been watching Brittany throw over the past couple of weeks and she is throwing as hard as anyone around here if not better. She stay out of the red zone and she will be hard to hit. Pisgah and West should be good games to watch. CFBall, heading down to the winthrop tournament march 12-14th...Big teams, great ball...You think you can get away from the wife this time to go see some ballgames? haha...
    HS ball is just around the corner...Hopefully today Enka can practice outside for a change..

6. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Pisgah had some votes and should have been listed as a HM but just as with an poll, cutoff somewhere. Brittany sounds like she is ready for her senior year!!! I think the wife will go to this one with us.............ole Mark Cooke brings them in for this tournament year in and out. We usually go Friday afternoon and just drive by on Saturday(2 hr roundtrip) to see the other great early season matchups.
    I think everyone with welcome this warmer weather even if its only temporary. Our students are getting outside tommorrow and Friday just to get out of gym........i am just as happy as they are!
    good luck with the team and keep us updated!

7. Pisgah10

Pisgah10 Full Access Member

Enka,
    Thanks for the complement. I will make sure that Brittany sees is. She and Haven have both been working hard. I think this could prove to be a very good season for Pisgah. They have 7 returning Senior starters from last year and a couple of very good Juniors moving in. If they can put everything together as a team, they should go a long way. See you Sunday

8. vtchic818

vtchic818 ~!~Slick~!~ #7

Eastern Schools

I know that most of the 4a schools run towards the west and they can put up a fight, but there are a lot of schools in the east that are 4a and 3a that can play some softball. We've got quite a few schools that can kick some butt, so why is it that there aren't any postings about eastern schools? I'm new to the message board so I take it there are more western folks up here than eastern. Get back to me w/ your reply cuz I'm kind of confused.

9. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

sorry vtchic......right now its a WNC poll but the eastern representatives are compiling a ENC poll of all classifications that make up the Eastern division of NCHS softball, in hopes that it will be ready for a March Poll. Our downeastern friends are just now getting logged onto TBR and our prep/softball(College Softball Forum coming soon too) so we are contacting/networking with your local media, coaches, fans to get their votes, opinions, assessment of all Eastern NC Teams. With that said, our goal is to have a TBR Softball Top 25 along with a east and west poll.

again sorry for the confusion!

Check your PM frequently :D

10. SouthernGent

SouthernGent Full Access Member

CF..
    ..for the next WNC poll in mid-March...will the non conference preseason schedule be taken into account???? Not just the WIN/LOSS record or stats of the teams...but caliper of teams they've played against??

If middle of the road teams play ball clubs that are seasoned and well coached...their record may not be a good indicator of that team's capabilities.

...also on the other hand, if other teams play games that the competition level in not challenging..their record & stats will surely be skewed...

...just something to think about..