1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Thanks Dad!

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by lady_of_the_shot, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

My Highlight !!

My most memoriable moment was with Rachel is when she went through the fence at Winthrop. I mean she went right through the fence and came up laughing. That was a fine attempt of a great athlete to make the catch.:N1respectHL:

Guru

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  2. Tigerscoach

Tigerscoach Full Access Member

I can't be reading post like this at school. Can't have my crowd seeing me tear up. Great post!

3. Stanlysoftball

Stanlysoftball Full Access Member

good stuff

I'll bet there could be a lot more of these type letters written........... some where there is a girl doing just that in her own way.

4. Gator_Dad

Gator_Dad Advanced Member

Fine young Lady for sure. I know that your Dad is proud of you and I dont even know you or him. I wish you nothing but all the success that life can bring you.

God Bless.

5. eyesup

eyesup Full Access Member

wow

I do not know the Harris family personally, but I just wanted to say that this was amazing. I am teary-eyed after reading this letter. I am can see why Wellesley has recruited and accepted Rachel; she is well written, thoughtful and seems to learn lessons quickly as adults must do. Only an incredibly mature teenager could have written such a letter that probably has every father on her weeping like a child who lost their best friend. I was/am a daddy's girl too so I very much appreciated this perspective. As someone else stated earlier, I'm sure more daughters are thanking their parents who had a major hand in their dreams....I just want to say thank you Rachel for sharing this in public. It made me smile and I am sure many others. Good luck to you and your family!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009