1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The Salisbury Post Newspaper

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by tj21, Mar 23, 2010.

1. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Since TBR likes to promote outstanding achievements in high school baseball whether it be specific players or teams,,, I have pointed out in the past how the Salisbury Post (IMO) has one of the best sports departments who cover the "LOCAL" sports that I know (Shelby Star is also great). In the Salisbury Post, on any given day you can read about players or former players, to include not only sports stats, but also personal interviews that tell you more than just a batting average.

Click on the below link to see just an example of an article in today's Post about today's local high school baseball games in Rowan County (thats right, these are 2 games that haven't even been played yet),,, the games are scheduled for later this evening. Once again, I say thank you to the Post sportswriters for covering local high school sports so thoroughly...

http://www.salisburypost.com/Sports/032310-prep-baseball

2. BaSeBaLlLoVeR11

BaSeBaLlLoVeR11 Full Access Member

I couldnt Agree more, the post is always giving updates on people who attended high school who are now playing at colleges.Also do a great job with high schools.

3. tools

tools Full Access Member

Right on, the best paper for covering HS sports. I don't even live in their coverage area but, I read it most days online.

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Mike London's the best!

5. CPCbaseball

CPCbaseball Full Access Member

Great Newspaper!!!!! It has to be one of the best for high school and youth sports in the whole state. I really miss the coverage that the CPC got from the Post when East and South Rowan was in the CPC. Read it almost everyday online. GREAT JOB keep up the good wrok!!!!

6. Baseball24

Baseball24 Junior Member

After looking through their site, I wished the W-S Journal did as well as them at covering high school baseball.

7. tools

tools Full Access Member

WS Journal is joke for HS baseball coverage.(matter of fact it is basically just a joke in general) But I am an old fart so I pay my money each month to get it delivered to my door.

8. Remo

Remo Junior Member

Gallagher

I agree... Ronnie Gallagher, also with the Post, is top notch. I'm an 85' Grad from North Davidson and I can pull out article after article written by Ronnie on our state championship baseball run. Ronnie worked for the Dispatch back then and gave high school baseball the coverage it deserves.
    I agree... I wish the Journal covered prep baseball half as well as the Post.