1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

The Showdown with K-town

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by bigfish45, Nov 23, 2005.

1. bigfish45

bigfish45 Junior Member

I had hoped to avoid a match-up against Kannapolis this year. But, not for the reasons some of you probably expect. One of the few records still held by the 2000 Falcon football team is the come from behind victory to beat Brown for the first time in school history! That record looks to be broken this Friday night when West Rowan hosts a very lucky A.L. Brown squad. I know records are made to be broken, but I wanted to keep that one, and actually rejoiced at the realignment of conferences when I saw Brown was gone. But now fate has intervened and West has gotten their wish. I know the team well and they are pumped about the oppurtunity to break yet another record, and take one of the few left standing from my senior year. GO FALCONS!! Heck, score more than 68 and break three records on Fri. most points by a falcon team, first third round playoff victory, and beating Brown for the second time! GET EM BOYS! THIS IS YOUR YEAR!!

2. K63

K63 WONDERS NEVER CEASE

K-town sure has been LUCKY against West Rowan! Yeah, right!

West has had their chances, especially the last couple of years, but the WONDERS still managed to win.

Can the WONDERS continue the magic? West is certainly considered the favorite, but they were last season also. Kannapolis will have to play very well, I do know that. But we know from past experience, the Falcons seem to have problems when those players with the big "K"s on their helmets show up!!!!!

Scores from the series: WONDERS lead the series 13-1
    All wins are by K-town with the lone loss coming in 2000 on a very questionable on-sides kick by West Rowan.

1965...18-6
    1966...27-6
    1989...24-8
    1990...35-0
    1991...48-7
    1992...42-21
    1997...35-7
    1998...54-6
    1999...21-7
    2000...22-25(Only loss by K-town to West Rowan)
    2001...47-27
    2002...27-20
    2003...34-28
    2004...14-7

3. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

Oh that loss..... wasnt that the onside kick that the refs screwed up.... among other things....

just asking....

4. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

oops.. sorry K63..just noticed you mentioned that onside kick...

5. K63

K63 WONDERS NEVER CEASE

That's a hard one to forget here in WONDERland, Coach!

6. bigfish45

bigfish45 Junior Member

Well I never said K-town was lucky against West, I mean they have been lucky this year, pulling out some close wins. And if you want to talk about questionable calls we could always go back another year to the 1999 game at K-town when the fullback was laying in the endzone with the ball and somehow it wasnt a TD. But we won't get into technicalities. Anyway, be there friday with the rest of Rowan county and you can see why we are 13-0 and why we are #1 in the state. I'm definitely not saying it's going to be a walk in the park, cause like you said the K on that helmet intimidates SOME teams.

7. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

Kannapolis will have to throw the ball to beat W. Rowan. I see the Falcons pulling this one out if they protect the ball AND if WR Head Coach Scott Young holds his own against Kannapolis Head Coach Ron Massey. This factor is often over looked but is of critical importance in big games vs. good teams. I'll take WR to win this one at home but it will be tight.