1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Time to leave the Creek

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by wildcatpop01, Jun 5, 2006.

1. csrllc

csrllc Junior Member

D I Recruiting Calendar

BTW that was the D I caledar and not D II....

2. betterbatter

betterbatter Full Access Member

Its time for the NCHSAA to let the state softball playoffs grow up and play the tournament as it should be played. High school baseball eliminates through best of three series. High school softball should do the same, playing on college fastpitch facilities. We go through the entire season with weekly limitations on games (which we need to have), then turn the final four championships into a travel ball-like weekend tournament played on a men's slow pitch facility. All that was missing at Walnut Creek was the timers hanging on the backstops!

3. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

yep and thanks for posted it again, csrllc!!

just alot of college coaches there.....1,2 whatever...college coaches will frequent a one venue State Tourney during this time of the year if they are seriously interested and/or following up with signed ones!

regardless A - AAAA in one place rocks for the other fans/coaches/admirers of NC Softball!

4. Dukedog4

Dukedog4 Full Access Member

Amen

You nailed it. Pitchers throwing 30 innings in one day is stupid. Those who think this is a good idea have spent too much time watching the CHILD ABUSE that occurs in many 12U and 14 U tournaments. College coaches don't want this to happen. I've talked to lots of them who are getting tired of losing players (pitchers and others) to shoulder and knee problems resulting from overuse in HS & travel ball. Sure the girls can do this but often pay for it later in their careers. In fact, the NFCA has enacted legislation asking that members (virtually all college coaches) not attend tournaments that require teams to play more than three games in a day. Look at the WCWS final . . one game per day.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  5. softball_56

softball_56 Full Access Member

Sarah Law

Sarah Law complex in Greenville is a lot more appropriate for playing fastpitch softball. I cannot believe there is not a comparable facility in the middle part of the state. W. Creek is a slap in the face to these fantastic athletes. I've played in better cow pastures.

6. Dukedog4

Dukedog4 Full Access Member

Agree 100%

These fields are built and maintained specifically for fastpitch. IF's are clay, not the sandpits that exist at Walnut Creek. Good maintenance means no "pitcher's trench". Of course, seating limitations and location would preclude state championships but it is a wonderful place to play. We were fortunate that my DD grew up playing rec ball there.