1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

To all players....

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

that are searching for a team to play on this fall. I would strongly suggest to find a team that is going to the PG/WWBat World Series in Jupiter, Fla. It is an experience you will never forget and an opportunity that you may not receive again.

For those that aren't committed yet, you may want to post yourselves on this board to allow some of the teams to contact you.

2. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

Agree 100%

Braves is right on target....one of the best baseball enviroments you can ever imagine:229031_ha College and Pro Scouts every where. If you have not committed you need to be there!

3. wncfan80

wncfan80 Junior Member

So...what teams in North Carolina are scheduled to play in Jupiter, Florida this fall?

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I'm sure there is more because the tournament grows each year, but historically the following NC teams attend:

On Deck
    Impact
    Cubs
    Megastars
    South Charlotte Panthers
    Copperheads??

Please add teams that have been invited for this year

5. CCSNews

CCSNews Full Access Member

PG

At some PG events, you don't need a local team. I believe you need someone to recommend you and fill out an application and send a check. PG has several teams (Blus, Gold, Red, etc) that they assemble from guys who come in alone.

One guy from CCS did that last year and had a very positive experience. met new guys, played a good deal, carried no pre-conceived notions about what type a player he was... nobody knew him so he just went ahead and played letting folks make their own judgements. he was able to compete against a high level of competition, which I think boosted his confidence.

That said, I'm not sure it helped get him noticed. The scouts/recruiters do make a point to watch teams and pitching match-ups knowing the caliber players that certain teams have. So unless a player just dominates, above and beyond an exceptionally gifted group of teams/players, chances are they may not get the notice. On the otherhand, a player could contact coaches that he has an interest in playing for or who have expressed an interest in him and let them know what team he's on. Chances are increased he might get a look... but certainly not guaranteed.

6. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

It's all about getting noticed....I do feel you have a better chance of getting noticed with an established team. But with that said unless you are a player that has already "made a name" for himself you must perform and do something to make yourself "standout".

We had a great experience the 2 years we went to Jupiter...we were fortunate enough that Ryan's first year there he had 2 great pitching outings...he gained a lot of attention from Colleges all over the country. The 2nd year he had 2 more solid outings that helped attract more Pro attention.

Jupiter didn't get Ryan where he is today (his talent and hard work by his coaches did that) but the exposure he got from Jupiter helped get him noticed by the right people.

CCSNews....you're right, Jupiter will have some of the most gifted, talented players from accross the Nation...this gives a player a chance to see how they "stack up" against the best and hopefully have a great performance to get noticed.:twocents: