1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Today My Son...

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by PutMeInCoach, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Bulldogsbacker

Bulldogsbacker Full Access Member

16u Charlotte Hurricanes

first timer here.......... my son Dalton had a nice week in Columbia. The team went 3-0 (1 rainout). He went 4-7 with a HR and pitched a complete game shutout (7 inn 2 unearned in 3-2 win) on 74 pitches, striking out 3 with no walks on 5 hits. He is looking forward to the battle of the borders on Monday.
    He is rostered on the 2012 red team. We travel to Winthrop the following week. See ya at the park....

2. sabertoothpanther

sabertoothpanther Junior Member

Another shutout which gives him 2 on the week. Team won 5 games this week in Jr Legion ball. Hot bat as well w 10 rbi's and 12 runs scored. Good tough week.

3. chipper08

chipper08 Junior Member

Earlier this month my son...

.... pitched in his last high school game in the State 3A Championship. After battling a nagging stretched muscle in his forearm and working like crazy to get back in shape to help his team win the State Championship, he finally got to pitch in the championship game. Although it wasn't his best outing, I would say it was the most gutsiest 2 innings I have ever seen him pitch because he knew he had a job to do, to give his team 2 innings of pretty much shutout baseball. He knew he could trust his team behind him, but he had to trust his arm, his self and he gave them what he could, his best for that moment in time. I have never been more proud of him. He had been frustrated and humbled by his injury. People have said he is the "ace" of his team, but this team was made up of all "aces" in every position. It took all of them to get there. Because of the depth of his team and the fact that each and every one of these players stepped up with their own special talents is what got them to the State Championship. That is why it was a special win for THIS TEAM. I know that my son has felt honored and privileged to play with such a special group of guys who accepted him three years ago as a new kid and have had his back every step of the way. Special thanks to all of his coaches through his life, but especially the ones at East Rowan who challenged him, worked with him, chewed him out when he needed it and believed in him from day one. I will miss watching him play high school ball, but he is fortunate and blessed to have the opportunity to play at the next level. My hope and prayer is that he will go as far as he wants with his talent and to always have fun playing the game he has passionately loved since he was a little guy. I wish I could name each coach, parent or friend that has made a positive impact on his and our lives through all these years of baseball, but know that we appreciate you and your efforts on his behalf. I know that he wouldn't be the outstanding young man that he is today without the help and guidance of so many. Thanks for instilling confidence when his was low, always giving a pat on the back in success or failure or just saying good game, whether it was or not. You will probably never know the powerful influence you had on my son's life through the great game of baseball. Each and everyone of you made a difference and we wanted to thank you for all of your time and interest in him. Bless you.

4. sabertoothpanther

sabertoothpanther Junior Member

Sounds like you had a great group of caring coaches who were very positive in all circumstances. Injuries can be terrible to competitive people and hard to deal with. Hope he has recovered fully.

5. brevard rocks

brevard rocks Junior Member

today my son

Just wanted to say i have enjoyed watching my kid pitch!!! He has been playing 3rd for legion ball and they have been using him as a closer on the mound. He has pitched 12 innings and has 24ks and 3 walkes and 1 hit batter. I do think thats pretty good for a kid that didnt pitch in high school. He threw 3 innings against huntersville legion and had 6 ks and no walkes and gave up 1 hit and thats pretty darn good because that team is loaded with talent!! It did make me feel good when the parents from huntersville team couldnt beleive he didnt pitch in high school and they were very impressed with how live his fastball is!!!! Im not bragging but what i am trying to say is if you dont get to do somehting in high school dont worry because if its meant to be it will happen!!!!!!

6. LKNbaseballfan

LKNbaseballfan Full Access Member

Thanks for the memories

Just wanted to say that this has been a great ride. Our son Tyler has been able to be a part of a conference championship on LKN's Jv. team with a 20-0-1 record as a freshman and a part of a 3A State Championship Team as a junior. This past Saturday he was able to acheive one of his dreams as he accepted an offer from UNC-P to play for the next 4 years. Since getting the "monkey" off his back, he has gone 3-4, 2-3, 0-2 and 1-2 with 2 Hr's and pitched a complete game 3 hitter (mercy Rule shortened) game for the currently first place, American Legion Mooresville Moors. His mother, sisters and I are very proud of what he has accomplished and the fine young man he has become. We hope the future is even brighter. THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES to all the coaches and players he has been fortunate to have grown with, both on and off the field !!!!!:REDanceBanana008:
    Oh and almost forgot. Playing for "putmeincoach" and winning the AAU D-II National Championship in 2005, of which a memory was made by many before the championship game that the mental picture would like to be forgotten!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  7. PutMeInCoach

PutMeInCoach I Love This Game

That was a great time back in 2005. AAU Champs from a little town like Mooresville. Seems like yesterday. Much luck to Tyler and to all the boys on that team....All of them going to college and 6 playing college baseball. The remainder of the team had some offers to play but choose to go on to college without playing. Good luck to all of them...

Tyler Lewis(UNCP), Spencer Brann (UC-Davis), Ian Walters(CVCC), Hunter Nanney(WCU), Chris Elliott(Wingate), Nick Keith(Georgia), Chris Bonaventure (Mitchell CC), Eathan Suarez(App State), Michael Atz (USC-Sumter), Dustin Myers (NC A&T), Derrick Rose (Bluefield State), Joe Sciasa.

As for the metal picture I do have a great snapshot of that moment. If you can imagine me and LKNBaseballFan dancing to rap music with our shorts down you will get the picture.

8. DirtyMoBaseball

DirtyMoBaseball Full Access Member

[As for the metal picture I do have a great snapshot of that moment. If you can imagine me and LKNBaseballFan dancing to rap music with our shorts down you will get the picture.[/quote]

Thats alot of crack...and crack kills!!!