1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Today My Son...

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by PutMeInCoach, Mar 4, 2010.

1. ktparstufan

ktparstufan Member

Today, my son....
    ....got the start with 3 college coaches in attendance. The first batter of the game hit a dribbler between 3rd and the mound, which my son fielded, and
    he turned to throw to first in the damp grass, and fired the ball over the 1st-baseman's head, into the fence, and caromed into right field, as the leadoff batter made his way to third....that was the last time the ball saw the outfield off of the visitors' bats ! He retired 21 of the next 23 batters (1 error and 1 walk)--he also had 5 assists to 1st, and the last grounder was a
    1-6-3 double-play.... At the plate, he went 3-3, with a home-run, a triple, and a single, knocking in all 4 runs---what a day! I don't really like coming here to brag, but he is a great young man,lives a clean life devoted to baseball, and has earned the accolades he is getting.....and if he EVER has a
    day like this again, I'll be back to chirp about it. And, by the way--I love reading this entire board!

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

We like reading about it too. This thread is exactly for that purpose---stick your chest out!!!!!

3. GloveSide

GloveSide Full Access Member

My Son...

...pitched a 6 inning, 11K, 1 hit game in a heartbreaking 5-4 loss. The team had a 4-2 lead in the 7th. 3 outs away from a W. 6,7,8 & 9 hole hitters where up. 2 reached. 2 outs and the top of the order comes up. BLAM!! Walk-off, game winning, 3 run HR ends it.....are you kidding me......One of the best games I have EVER seen.

Best L ever.

Am I a proud Dad? You cannot describe how proud I am of him.

4. kooch15

kooch15 Full Access Member

Fayetteville,NC or any baseball field near there
    Actually it was a couple of days ago,but after the game the opposing coach grabbed my son in a bear hug and told him how much he likes the way he plays the game. That my friends is respect and makes me darn proud of my son.

5. ktparstufan

ktparstufan Member

I refer back to Wonder game @ JMR on 3/12/2010

On this day, my son....

""

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  6. LKNbaseballfan

LKNbaseballfan Full Access Member

What its all about.....

7. kccnc23756

kccnc23756 Junior Member

John J. Tuttle

I am the parent of an underclassman at Kannapolis, and I have 2 things to say--

--John J has been an unselfish star for 3 years-a quiet leader, and a triple-threat-his pitching is unbelievable; he is the best defender and infielder for 4 years (never boots a ball with his glove-his only errors should have been scoops over the past 3 years), can hit for power to all fields, smart base-runner, is a humble, Christian young man that anyone would love to have as a son. If he doesn't have colleges all over wanting him, then they haven't done their jobs !!

--Since that game @ Robinson, the team has gotten stronger and closer, mainly because John J never blamed anyone personally--my son is in awe of him...what more could you ask for in senior leadership !?

8. Diamond Rat

Diamond Rat Full Access Member

Sounds like a fine young man and a class act to me. I know his parents are proud!

9. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

My youngest son (freshman) hit his first home run with his older brother there with him. And there was no doubt. Over the 350 sign with plenty to spare while into the wind and with a wet ball in the rain. The ball plugged in the mud beyond the fence a good 60 feet. It has been a very special year for the 2 brothers to be able to play together and be on the same team for the 1st time in their lives.

10. observer

observer Full Access Member

Off the field

Came home during his break before practice - by himself - without being asked - to help me out at the house. Just out of the kindness of his great big heart. It was so nice walking into that! He's pretty good at baseball, too!