1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Today My Son...

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by PutMeInCoach, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I'll second this...he's a great young man on and off the field

2. Swamprat

Swamprat Junior Member

Today my son pitched a complete game to defeat Ardrey Kell, giving up only one unearned run. His second complete game victory over our biggest conference rivals in as many weeks. He beat Butler, allowing only two runs, last Friday.

3. Braves

He pitched a heckuva game. I'm not sure if he's pitched in a game with this atmosphere before, but he proved to be big time at a time his team needed him to. Congratulations to your son...you should be very proud:trophy:

4. PhillyDave

PhillyDave Senior Member

His performance doesn't surprise me one bit! I have had the pleasure of coaching and knowing Zach since his Little league days at MARA! Well done Dude! All of us former Matthews Reds are very proud of you! Stand proud Mark, your son done good!

5. Diesel1

Diesel1 Stay Strong, Uncle Sam.

... got drilled in the ribs by a Czech Republic fastball...not many can claim that! lol ... it sounded the same in English as it did in Czech:handbang:

6. byrdman

byrdman Junior Member

... went 3 for 3 with 3 Home Runs and 10 RBIs against the Czech Republic National Team. I guess that new Easton Stealth was worth it afterall!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  7. Braves

Wow...what a day! I'm glad your son didn't get drilled like Deez jr after hitting 3 bombs. Congrats!...10 RBI's....incredible!

8. Diesel1

Diesel1 Stay Strong, Uncle Sam.

Braves- "Wow...what a day! I'm glad your son didn't get drilled like Deez jr... "
    Lil man only went 3 for 3 with a 2b and 2 HR 5 rbi... and one in the ribs...lol... Cool bunch of kids, those Czechs. They are so hungry for knowledge of the game. Did an early morning round of BP with them on Tues with 4 Seniors from Rose. Really a lot of fun to see the difference in their approach, but also how quickly they are willing to adapt...

9. footbasketbase-fan

footbasketbase-fan Member

Hit his first GRAND SLAM!

Against University of Delaware. (Only hit 4 HRs in 4 years in HS.)

10. Hot Corner Dad

Hot Corner Dad Newcomer

Today my son was the starting pitcher in a big conference game. He got hit very hard. First five batters reached. He didn't survive the first inning as he was pulled after allowing seven runs and recording only two outs.

Knowing how brutally disappointed he was, I watched his reaction carefully. He was moved to third and as the relief pitcher took his warmups my son held his head high, voiced words of encouragement, and kept playing hard in a game his team ultimately lost 12-0. Even in the last inning, I could hear him trying to rally his teammates.

My son's excellent ERA was blown up tonight, but he showed me something far more important. He kept leading and trying even in the face of certain defeat. He has learned the most important lesson in baseball--how to fail without being overcome by it.

I could have posted on other nights this season when my son had lots of success and helped his team to a big win, but this was the night I was most proud of him. He is becoming a man.