1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Today My Son...

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by PutMeInCoach, Mar 4, 2010.

1. weyco2000

weyco2000 Full Access Member

John J Tuttle

For in depth info on "King Tut" visit, http://www.eteamz.com/albrownwonders/
    click on "Player Profile"
    Really guys this is one amazing player and role model to his entire team. His ERA is below a 1/2 run per game, but most importantly he's the guy you want your daughter to date(OH...I don't have a daughter) No matter how many errors we commit, one thing is for certain, if the "King" is on the mound he won't be rattled.

2. jdeuce

jdeuce Junior Member

This Thread was a great idea...We know everybody loves there son. We all are bragging inside about our son anyway we might as well put it out there..
    My son Jake had the game winning triple against his schools biggest rival, Louisburg
    on March 30th in the bottom of the 7th with 2 outs for a 4-3 win. He followed that up the next night with a Home run agianst Franklinton in a 4-3 win....This is his senior season its been a blast.....Thanks Son

3. Stretchy

Stretchy Full Access Member

Mr Pittman's son

Not my kid but......... Kyle Pittman hit a solo and a grand slam in the same inning and then had another grand slam and finished with a double in his last at bat as Wilson Hunt demolished Southern Nash 24-1

4. chubbs

chubbs Full Access Member

Today my son learned the value of taking advantage of an opportunity to work back into the starting line up. Played well in the field and went 2-2.

5. Diamond Rat

Diamond Rat Full Access Member

I'm willing to bet the older brother enjoyed that homerun just as must as younger. Playing with your brother is a special experience that not many children have the luck to experience. I never had the chance to play with my brother as I was a freshman and not nearly ready to play varsity with him his senior year but if I did have the opportunity, I wouldn't have traded it for anything.

6. weyco2000

Taught Me A Lssson

My son was playing 2B and had a call go against him, the umpire said his foot was off the bag on a force play. I was totally livid as most of our fans were. When I asked him later he said, "Dad thats part of the game and we put ourselves in position to lose the game." Thats when I realized, he was giving Dad a lesson in sportsmanship and humility. He went 0-4 at the plate, ROE (scored a run) and was part of turning 2 double plays, but more importantly, took a huge step in becoming a man.:hyper:

7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

amazin' isn't it! It's not the 4-4's or the 0-4's that we will remember, but their character stays with us a lifetime.

8. ktparstufan

ktparstufan Member

-

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  9. weyco2000

You are dead on my friend, although he doesn't have baseball scouts lining up. He has been contacted by a couple Ivy League schools, Tulane, Colorado, Ball State, Duke, UNC, App. St... for academic scholarships. (He has made a visit to Chapel Hill and loved it!) That makes me prouder than a peacock, but I still love seeing him play baseball!:grouphug:

10. GloveSide

GloveSide Full Access Member

One of the best posts in this thread.

Now thats baseball.