1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Tom Knotts leaving for Dutch Fork High in Columbia

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by law1ng2b2, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Gator_Dad

Gator_Dad Advanced Member

not so fast...

i remember byrnes in 06 (the year we dominated them twice and went 15-0 to win the 4A state title) taking them to the woodshed at the battle of the border jamboree. knotts played his starters the entire game and lost. byrnes was playing subs near the end.

2. blackjackwally

blackjackwally Premium Member

Ok, ding-dong. This means absolutely nothing. It was friggin' practice. Practice.

3. Gator_Dad

knotts played his starters the entire game.....had you been there and saw the emotion both teams had you could tell it meant a lot.

gaffney, byrnes and indy all had open dates in 06.....knots would not schedule either one of us.....he wouldnt have scheduled butler if he could have helped it.

4. law1ng2b2

law1ng2b2 Full Access Member

What does a scrimmage in 2006 have to do with him going to a school in South Carolina and having success? He WILL have an impact on the entire state. I know you don't believe it. But soon enough, you will.

5. cougar man

cougar man Full Access Member

Yes he will. The talent pool just got smaller for everyone else...

6. The Franchise

The Franchise Junior Member

Dominated???

Gaffney beat Byrnes 16-13 in the state championship of 2006. That is NOT domination by my standards. Indy won 49-19 that year. That would be more of what I consider domination. Of the 7, did I say 7, yes 7, titles Indy won IN A ROW UNDEFEATED, this was their 6th best team. Since the argument is for Byrnes beating Indy in a scrimmage, LOL, what was Gaffney's record from 2000-2009? Indy was 131-6. How many state titles? Indy has 7. How many scrimmages did Gaffney win? WHO CARES!

7. swingaway

swingaway Full Access Member

Facilities

Anyone want to compare the facilities of Byrnes and Independence? Winning with Independence's facility limitations is really impressive.

8. Cameron Crazy

Cameron Crazy Junior Member

Irmo

Actually we beat Byrnes in the semifinals, We demolished Irmo 45-0 in the State Championship Game!

9. The Franchise

The Franchise Junior Member

My mistake

I remembered a close game but thought it was the finals. I am sure Gaffney was the best team in the state of SC that year and I don't want to take away anything they accomplished but they didn't dominate Byrnes twice/they beat them twice. I remember the first game was not nearly as close but coverage up here is not the best on SC teams not located near NC. The nerve that was hit was the implication that Indy refused to play Gaffney or Byrnes that year. There are factors other than an open date on the schedule. When someone can show me numbers that are comparable to what Knotts has accomplished, I will absolutely put that program in the same league. He is one of the best coaches around at the HS level and Dutch Fork is fortunate to have him.

10. Gator_Dad

im sorry if you are mad...but it is a fact that knotts would not schedule either team. both tried on numerous occations.