1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Toney Baker

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by wossa, Jul 20, 2004.

1. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

Game Five - 17 carries for 201 yards and 3 TDs. Baker also caught a 20 yard touchdown pass. Only had two carries in the second half.

1,298 yards on the season. 16 rushing TDs and one receiving. Avergaing over 12 yards a carry. The state rushing record is 533 yards away.

2. wossa

time for an update

Bakers stats on the season after 7 games

1,796 yards on 161 carries. 21 rushing TDs ( 23 total TDs). 257 yards per game and over 11 yards per carry. 36 yards away from the state rushing record with just over 9,000 yards and 122 career TDs.

Yesterday he received his official invitation to play in the US Army All American Bowl :applause: Brad Hoover was there during the presentation.

Ragsdale's Baker named to Army All-American football team

By:Steve Hanf , STAFF SPORTS WRITER 10/20/2004

Toney Baker stood quietly to the side of the Ragsdale media center, surveying the scene.
    Giant trophies. Gleaming black and gold helmets. The giant backdrop featuring the U.S. Army All-American Bowl logo. An NFL standout he watches on television every Sunday.

"I didn't expect it to be like this," Baker said with a smile and a wave of his hand. "I thought they'd just give me a jersey or something."
    An honor such as this one deserves a little fanfare, however. Tuesday afternoon, Baker officially became one of 78 players selected nationwide to participate in the 2005 U.S. Army All-American Bowl. The game, held Jan. 15 at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas, will be televised live on NBC at 1 p.m.
    Organizers have likened this 5-year-old contest to basketball's McDonald's All-American Game, and the selection tour pulled out all the stops. Baker was presented a game jersey and hat, rubbed shoulders with Carolina Panther Brad Hoover and was treated to a rally in the school auditorium complete with pep band, cheerleaders and teammates.
    "To be named All-American, play for the U.S. Army team, it's a great honor for me and the players here, too," Baker said. "I had seen it in the past and always wanted to play in it."
    Baker seemed most appreciative of Hoover's appearance. The former Ledford High star chatted with Baker at length and signed autographs for about 20 Ragsdale students lucky enough to be in the media center during the last period of the day.
    "They asked and I told them right off the bat that I don't mind doing it. It's great," Hoover said. "I've read all about him before, and it's good to meet him and see what kind of person he is. He's a first-class guy."
    "I thanked him for coming up here," Baker said. "It's extremely nice seeing him in person."
    With Tuesday's pomp and circumstance out of the way, Baker and his teammates now can focus on Friday night's game against Eastern Randolph. Baker needs 38 yards to become North Carolina's career rushing leader as the Tigers look to bounce back from Friday's 20-16 defeat against High Point Central.
    After these final three regular-season games, it's on to the playoffs before the clock starts ticking for Baker. He's narrowed his list of college choices to North Carolina, N.C. State, Tennessee, Virginia Tech and Virginia, with unofficial visits taken to all but UVa. He'll have to squeeze in his official recruiting trips between the end of the playoffs and the All-American Bowl, where many stars have announced their college destination to the TV audience.
    That aspect alone should make for an exciting trip.
    "I'll be there, and I think several of the staff are going to go," Ragsdale coach Tommy Norwood said. "We're looking forward to it."

3. wossa

4. wossa

5. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Toney's going to be at the Miami/State game tomorrow.

6. wossa

SWEET!

He gets to watch them lose again! He was at the Ohio State game and was also in Chapel Hill for the State game :banana:

7. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

dammmmn........... :mercy:

8. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

So that will make 3 games watching State and 1 for UNC? And you're happy about that?

9. wossa

Like any smart kid he loves a free football game. I'm pretty sure he has done an "unofficial" visit almost every weekend the last two years.

I have heard he will most likely be at the UNC/Va Tech game and maybe the Miami game next week

and he is supposed to go to the Virginia/Miami game on the 11/13.

Maybe he is secretly checking out MIAMI :scared2:

10. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

I thought of that. Nah.

You think?