1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Top 07's

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by deaconfan07, Oct 3, 2005.

1. deaconfan07

deaconfan07 Junior Member

For all you baseball fans who have spend endless hours on the baseball fields of our great state of North Carolina, it is finally time!! For all of our recruiting friends and one's who are out of the loop, who are your top 07's for next year? I will start with my five because I have seen numerous events throughout the summer and fall. These are not in any particular order:

1. Justin Jackson TC Roberson
    2. Madison Bumgardner South Caldwell
    3. Greg Holt West Forsyth
    4. David Mailman Providence
    5. Ben Bunting- Randleman

I am aware that there are numerous others who should be on the list, so let's hear from all areas of NC.:fan_wave2

2. flotg

flotg Full Access Member

Some WNC Top "07's

Paeplow out of AC Reynolds HS - big leftie, can absolutely smash the ball, great off-speed stuff, increasing speed w/fastball, solid at 1B - definitely one to watch.

Hinson, also out of AC Reynolds HS - shortstop, extremely quick hands, good baserunner, consistent bat - very strong at times

3. TBA

TBA Full Access Member

Positions?

What positions do they play?

4. deaconfan07

Postions for 07's

These are the positions I have seen them in this summer and fall>

Bumgarner: Pitcher 88-90mph, 1B, OF

Jackson: Shortstop9 great hands)

Holt: Pitcher 88-92 mph, 3B

Mailman: Pitcher 84-86 mph, 1B, OF

Bunting: Pitcher 84-86, CF

I'm sure they play other positions, but I have seen them mostly in these.

5. SCOUT222

SCOUT222 Junior Member

ON THE CORNERS

Saw South Caldwell play in the showcase at Catawba College a few weeks back, and was unable get a roster. Looking for information on 1st baseman and
    3rd baseman.

6. Rock N Fire

Rock N Fire Full Access Member

south caldwell

First Base- Bradley Craig....great stick w/ some pop, solid defense

Third- Daniel Coffey... consistent hitter w/ some power, knocks anything down

Both 07s

7. WNCBB

WNCBB Full Access Member

More from WNC

Here are a few more to watch in WNC.

Sam Runion - AC Reynolds, RHP, 6'4" 195....probably one of the best 07's in the state and could be one of the best in the country by the time he graduates. Played with the Midland Redskins 16U team this summer.

John Ramsey - TC Roberson, 3B/RHP, 6'2" 180....D1 prospect at both positions.

Jonathan Wright - TC Roberson, OF/RHP, 6'5" 175....played with the 17U Dirtbags this summer....projects very well.

Matthew Pruitt - West Henderson, SS/RHP, 6'0'' 175....good all around talent and comes to play in the big games.

Seth Grant - West Henderson, IF/RHP, 6'0" 170....clutch at the plate and can play several positions.

Alex MacMahan - Rosman, SS/RHP, 6'0" 170....one of the best 1A players in the state and legitimate D1 prospect.

8. CanIGetABandAid

CanIGetABandAid Junior Member

North Meck 07s

In the field, Shane Brown is a legetimate D1 prospect. He plays with the copperheads 18u. CAn play every position in the outfield, and has an above average arm. At the plate he finds ways to get on base. Whether its laying a bunt down the line or driving a ball in the gap, he is a great leadoff man 2 hitter. He's also one of the fastests guys your gonna see.

9. flotg

flotg Full Access Member

WNC Players

Kinda bold statement there.... sounds like a player, tho......

10. deaconfan07

Sam Runion

I saw him this weekend throw against Spartanburg Methodist at Wofford. He did well but velocity seemed to be 84-86 MPH. This doesn't lead to being one of the best in the country. He is a solid pitcher but will get tested this weekend in Fort Myers. I would anticpate him getting a start along with Bullman for VA, Holt from West Forsyth, and Bunting from Randleman. Should be a grat showcase for 07's.