1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Top 07's

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by deaconfan07, Oct 3, 2005.

1. mythoughts

mythoughts Full Access Member

John Stamper- West Forsyth Outfielder that can run (6.6-6.7) has a good arm and can hit. I think he has made all-conference (along with Holt) his freshman and sophomore years. Played on the region 5 team this past year and had about 25 stolen bases last season. This kid will be a steal for someone.

West has a few others that will need to be looked at in the future.
    Chad Jarvis, Matt Sapp, and several young arms.

The Hesslebrock kid at Parkland I have Been hearing alot about him. I haven't seen him play but he sounds nice. Where did he come from?

Several other young players at East and North. I need to verify names and will get back to you on them

2. Caroliner

Caroliner Full Access Member

Tyler Hanover ('08) is definitely one of the young players from East Forsyth you are probably talking about.

There are two guys with similar names from Parkland, Jon Helsabeck ('06) and Blake Hassebrock ('07). Both were at Wofford this past weekend. Hassebrock is the junior and transferred from Southwest Guilford to be in the IB Diploma Program.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  3. TBA

TBA Full Access Member

Quality Players

1st base - Bradley Craig - '07

3rd base - Daniel Coffey - '07

Both good quality players, consistent in the field and at the plate.

4. eterres

eterres Member

Two 07 potential D-1 prospects playing in the north end of Mecklenburg County at Hopewell High School are Zach Turton and Michael Vaughn. Both are versatile and both could have a big year at Hopewell.

Zach is a tall athletic outfielder (CF) with speed that currently is playing with the Copperheads 17U. He was the first freshman letterman in Hopewell history. He can also pitch (threw a perfect game in the 8th grade), play SS or C. He is slender so he has room to grow and should really project. With a little strength and more consistency with the bat he could really be in demand.

Michael is more unknown as he was hurt as a freshman and put on some weight. He also had contact lens problems during his sophomore season. He has lost the weight, buffed up and got the contacts right. He has real good pop in his bat and can also hit for average. Has a good feel for the game and good size. He plays C/P/3/1 for the Charlotte Express. He went to PG’s Atlantic Coast Underclass Showcase this summer and was selected to their Top Prospects Team.

5. FROZEN ROPES

FROZEN ROPES Member

South Caldwell Loaded

Actually South Caldwell is loaded with good quality players from top to bottom.

However Coffey and Craig should both be D1 prospects in '07

6. Coach May

Coach May Full Access Member

Jon Lynch SS OF RHP South Granville High School. Lynch is 6-2 205 and really put together. He is a 6.8 60 guy that was 83-85 from the hill last year as a Soph. Lynch hit in the lead off spot most of the year .358. He played on the region 3 State Games team as a Soph and perfromed really well. This kid is a warrior , the kind of kid that you love playing with and hate playing against. I look for him to have a big Jr year for the Vikings. Lynch had a sub 2 era last year and was 5-2 on the hill. He can play every posistion on the field except catcher. He will probaly play ss cf and pitch this year. A great young man with tremendous make up.

7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Wow...I like his makeup. And he is only a Junior? Thanks for the heads up Coach. ~mental note to self~ follow Jon Lynch

8. WNCBB

WNCBB Full Access Member

Sam Runion

Sam normally sits around 88 and has topped out in the low 90's, so he may have been a little tired this past weekend. He really hasn't had much down time since the HS season began last March. He had a very good sophomore season and pitched well in Cincinnati this summer. Considering his projectabilty, 6'4" 200, I'll stand by my comments regarding his potential.

9. TBA

TBA Full Access Member

Another from SC

Let's throw an '07 rightie from South Caldwell in the ring of pitching prospects...Justin Poovey

Smooth arm motion, throws high 80s

10. FROZEN ROPES

FROZEN ROPES Member

Definite Potential

If this kid can really develop his off speed pitch, he will be a D1 prospect in '07