1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Top 07's

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by deaconfan07, Oct 3, 2005.

1. throwtheheat

throwtheheat Full Access Member

good prospects from Butler High School

Butler is loaded with talent this coming season. There are some 07 stand-outs worth mentioning:

Drew Gehringer, SS, solid defense, great range, strong arm, big hitter, Impact Dirtbag
    Andrew Smith, P/2B, excellent control and velocity, On-deck O's
    Hunter Glass, 3B/utility, absolute wall!!, tough, accurate arm, smart player, solid offense, Pineville Legion 337
    Shaun Wixted, 2B, solid defense, smart, strong offense, On-deck O's
    Matt Crump, C, nice pop-time, allot of bat pop, solid catcher, Pineville Legion 337
    Derek Blanton, SS, excellent range, strong arm, Pineville Legion 337

2. MirrorImage7

MirrorImage7 Junior Member

I saw Blake Hassebrock (Parkland '07) this past weekend at Wofford. He hit 87 twice and looked poised on the mound. he'll be a good one to watch.

3. moesyslak

moesyslak Banned From TBR

papelow

sounds interesting. what kind of stats did he have last spring?

4. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

Got to see Gehringer and Crump a lot this summer....both guys will be a tough out this coming year and will show some power at the plate. Early prediction....Butler will be a strong cotender for the SW4A title. :woot:

5. flotg

flotg Full Access Member

Papelow

As a soph, Paeplow threw in 7 games, started in 4, won 3, 27 SO in 27.67 IP. Had 2nd best ERA on team (2.02). Kid works hard, trains virtually year round. 3 pitch guy, FB speed coming up - recently clocked at 82 - by the time he's a senior - speed should be upper 80's. Working to keep BB's down. Played in 19 games; Batted 11 for 46 (.239) w/7S, 1D, 3 HR, 9 RBI's, .314 OBP. Hit one a mile down in Charleston last weekend for a 2 run homer - bat speed @ 86 mph. Pitched one game this fall in Wood bat & got 15 SO out of total 21 outs. At 6'-4", 190, he's a player - great kid (read where he got his Eagle Scout last year).

As a soph SS, Hinson batted .295 and had .345 OBP, played in 24 games, went 23 for 78, 16 RBI's, 6 D, 17S. Quick hands w/12 PO & 33 A. Hinson's also a Scout, heard he's sitting for his Eagle board of review. (Eagle shows a huge amount of committment in a day and time where that's not very common anymore for youngsters!)

Both kids are great team players, have positive attitudes, and a huge desire to play at the next level.

6. TBA

TBA Full Access Member

Harrington

There is an '07 prospect at Alexander Central by the name of Dustin Harrington. Pitches, plays SS, good stick, and is their starting quarterback.

7. FROZEN ROPES

FROZEN ROPES Member

Good Ball Player

I've seen him play, and he is a real player. Has anyone heard how his shoulder is? Seems to be throwing the football good...

8. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Coach May
    Jon Lynch SS OF RHP South Granville High School. Lynch is 6-2 205 and really put together. He is a 6.8 60 guy that was 83-85 from the hill last year as a Soph. Lynch hit in the lead off spot most of the year .358. He played on the region 3 State Games team as a Soph and perfromed really well. This kid is a warrior , the kind of kid that you love playing with and hate playing against. I look for him to have a big Jr year for the Vikings. Lynch had a sub 2 era last year and was 5-2 on the hill. He can play every posistion on the field except catcher. He will probaly play ss cf and pitch this year. A great young man with tremendous make up.

Wow...I like his makeup. And he is only a Junior? Thanks for the heads up Coach. ~mental note to self~ follow Jon Lynch

HE is a player.... BTW.... I have some beach front property that I would trade you for 3 certain players..... :woohoo:

Seriously I do expect you to give us and your conference fits this year!! Talk to you soon!!

9. moesyslak

moesyslak Banned From TBR

holy smoke. i didn't know a fan could know so much about a high school player. i mean who knows someones bat speed? do you know this about other players that you could share or just this one?

10. flotg

flotg Full Access Member

Papelow

the stats have come from watching the team play and I heard about the bat speed from a camp he attended - was the first time I'd heard about "clocking" bat speed and it kinda stuck in my head - didn't know they even clocked bat speed