1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Top 07's

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by deaconfan07, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Nah...keep on posting. You are doing a great job in bringing up names that are not often mentioned. I also like the maturity in the way you defend your posts

2. flotg

flotg Full Access Member

WNC Players

Thanks Braves - I appreciate it, the thing I really like about TBR is that the posts on here are very informative and usually very unbiased. Everyone seems to be objective and have a desire to get kids noticed. In our area, many of the boards often tend to get critical of many of the players or just mention the same ones over and over. I guess the thing I've learned most is that there are a lot of baseball players out there, some are the "superstars" that get all the attention (kinda like Cam Maybin at TCR) and get all the "hoopla". Then there're "the rest of the players" who don't really receive any attention, many of which are good and should be in the forefront too. Take TC Roberson, for example, when you heard the name TCR, all you thought of was Maybin - but there are many good players on their team (Kyle Lanning, Greg Ewal, Jonathan Wright, Joe Kuykendal, course Josh Thrailkill too) and many more, I'm sure. Seems like it could've been hard for all those guys to be on a team where, to many, there was only 1 player on the team. Too many of our boards seem to have the replys that go "well, if you're not gonna talk about MY kid, then I'm gonna slam yours when somebody posts about him". Guess it's just the "politics" of baseball, but TBR definitely tries to keep levels above that stuff. It's a great place to go to learn about the game :woot:

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Thanks flotg...we try. But I hope it ultimately becomes a place for conversation as well. I don't mind the disagreements; just like it to be respectful. There are all kinds of threads...they can be informative, humorous, or anything else. As long as they are respectful and not to attack anyone; especially the players.

I keep three things in mind:

1. this is a quote from a college recruiter, " Braves, I check out TBR twice a week looking for information on players"

2. I want coaches (of all levels) to feel comfortable to post on here without fear of being attacked.

3. It's about the players (I would feel hurt to read someone attack my son). I'm sure some might feel that way, but this isn't the place.

...and one other thought. Wouldn't it be nice to have someone tell you, " I read about Junior on a baseball website. Someone said some nice things about him"

That's my point!

4. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

I couldn't agree more!!! :trophy:

5. Red Bear

Red Bear Full Access Member

I move to end......do I hear a second?

6. baseballman123

baseballman123 Full Access Member

Hickory High's Derek Boliek is one to watch out for. Hit .460 as a sophomore with 1 HR, 29 RBI's. Also very good speed....6.8 runner as he stole 10 bases tihs past school year. Great glove, above average arm, more than anything, he is dedicated and works extremely hard. Should be a big part in Hickory's success this year. Plays for the Charlotte Express coached by Gary Robinson and is one of the top if not top player on the team. Just an outstanding player and a wonderful kid.

7. Red Bear

Red Bear Full Access Member

No doubt!:ylsuper:

8. MirrorImage7

MirrorImage7 Junior Member

Caroliner....

Caroliner... you seem to have information on Parkland and I was reading through a bunch of these threads on here last night and wswball posted Jon Ray from Parkland as someone to watch out for next year. Do you have anymore information on him? wswball said he played 1st and 3rd, was he varsity last year, if so how did he do?

9. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

2 07's to look out for...

Elliott Tolley (LHP/OF/1B) Person High School. 5'11/175. Excellent control, spots pitches well, needs to continue to devlop arm strength. Had 8 wins on for the JV team last year, and was 1-1, with 1 Save on the Varsity team last year. Solid hitter also though he bats right.

Hunter Wrenn (LHP/1B) Person High School. 6'5/175. Lots of upside because of his size and has good arm strength. Needs to continue to develop better command of all of his pitches. Strong arm, loose throwing motion, good looking kid, that needs to also continue to get stronger. Also had 8-9 wins on the JV team last year.

10. WNCBB

WNCBB Full Access Member

I don't remember the names (maybe I'm trying to black it out) of the pitcher and catcher in the win over TC Roberson in last year's playoffs, but they were pretty good. Weren't they both 07's?