1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Top 09' Prospects/Fantasy Team

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by AverageJoe, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

Here's an idea. Let's the legion teams choose an Allstar group from each area. Not sure how many total legion teams there are. But for the idea let's say it comes out to be four legion allstar teams of 14 to 16 players each. Age could be adjusted. Let's also say that it would have to be for uncommitted high school players. Have it in the fall. Then all the travel and allstar legion teams meet for a weekend play each other. Showcase against legion. Innings and time limit would have to go for the number of games if only one venue. Teams to play each other drawn from the cap. I think that athough showcase teams have the advantage in some cases. This should level the field some. Most of the underclassman showcase players play with some of these legion players, some for the same high school. Cannot get better with out the challenge. And you never know what non showcase players will have their day. As they say be afraid be very afraid!!!!

2. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

It's never going to happen. Let's move on and get back to the '09's. We've plowed this ground all summer.

3. Plate Dad

I did not start it. I just posted a solution. I think that if all the great minds here looked at the game not their world of LL, high school, legion, and showcase it could happen. We sometimes get so wrap up in what we know. New ideas pass us by. I have seen so much about this player and that. Here could be a solution that could work for both. What better way, the scouts get the best of both worlds. :bike:

4. Baseball Junkie

Baseball Junkie Junior Member

Congrats!

Wil Myers to Gamecocks!
    Wesleyan Christian 2009 two-way standout Wil Myers recently verbally committed to the University of South Carolina. You can see Myers in action this fall and in 2008 with the DIRTBAGS.

Congratulations Wil!:13:

5. Birdhunter

Birdhunter Full Access Member

This has got to be for the most part the biggest self promoting, daddy promotting discussion I have ever seen, and you continue to leave off the best '09 pitcher in the state. Clue, he pitches for the Dirtbags '09 team.

6. Plate Dad

Ok everyone add the best '09 pitcher to the list.

7. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

I would agree that a lot of self promoting goes on here. But that's one of the reason's why this website was created. I don't always agree with the rules here but I have learned to follow them, or at least try. Plus, even with all the self-promoting, the scouts will make the call, not us. Promote all you want but eventually the player has to perform. Either you can play or you can't.

As to the '09 comment. I apologize that I do not know everyone on that team. I tend to follow the kids I have met. Although just being on that team is positive press in itself.

BTW, and I do not have a kid in that class.

8. ebdean

ebdean Full Access Member

Nick McBride

If you are referencing Nick, One Putt listed him in the second post of this thread. I agree that Nick is very good. Very good athlete, pitcher's build, strong outfielder, very fast. Dad is seriously suspect and is nothing but trouble.

9. 4-6-3-DP

4-6-3-DP Full Access Member

The name is slipping my mind, but the CF for Ardrey-Kell has to be one of the top guys that I saw in this area last year regardless of graduation year.

10. Kevin11

Kevin11 Full Access Member

09's

Agree with above posts: McBride, Bass, Goodwin, Michael, Schaffer, Fish, Batts, etc......Can't say anything more about all the kids mentioned......

Have to add William Henderson, don't have his spec's, but watching would say sub 7.0 in 60, with good gap to gap power. Great arm from OF. Kid belongs on any short list of NC Outfielders in 09 class.