1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Top 09' Prospects/Fantasy Team

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by AverageJoe, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

For those that posted in this thread. It doesn't matter if the name you posted about is your son, grandson, nephew or any other relation. If the kid can play and he hasn't been given deserved notice, please do not fear posting his name and accomplishments and why you feel he could play at the next level.

I thought we had gotten way past the stage of caring who posts one's name. If the player is deserving, by all means post it. But remember....post your opinion why he will be succesful in college.

The irony of gamedays' post is that 98% of the members that post rarely ever mention their son's success. They have left it for others to do. And the sad thing is, the parent of a player in Southern Neck (whose son is not known) will not mention his son's name in fear someone will belittle him or his son's accomplishments. For a sport that gets little or no local coverage of their HS baseball team, it only makes sense to use TBR as an outlet to help get that name out there.

C'mon guys...we're better than that. Let's don't criticize our members

2. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

Great Post Braves

Josh Darroach RHP 09 South Granville HS - Josh is going to be a good one. Last year as a soph he was our #3 sometimes #4 guy. He threw around 35 innings last season and did a great job. This year he should get around 50 innings. Josh is 5'11 180 and is around 83-85 (pitches there). He has a very good cb and a workable change up. Josh is an extremely hard worker and has improved each year. I look for him to be in that 85-87 range this spring if he works all fall and winter like he better. Great kid great family. He will be pitching with Impacts 09 team this fall.

3. ChltBballfan

ChltBballfan Full Access Member

Gameday08 response

Gameday,
    I am sorry I could not respond to your response sooner. I agree with you I do believe that many Dads mention there sons name on this site. But did you stop to think that they may be "Proud" of their sons so they post the accomplishments on this site? As for you comment about Cather10 posting comments about his son Tyler
    Tewell, this is what I have to say: You might be a strong player if?.................. You start (as a sophmore) for Butler, who by the way plays in top of the SW4A conference. And when the coach has a more experienced Sr. at the primary postion you play, he finds a place for you in right field so he can keep you in his batting lineup, ................................... you might be a strong player.
    Thanks catcher10 for great comments about my son Corey. And before Gameday has a chance to respond about me playing the "daddyball" card, call coach Rhodes and ask him who broke the record for most K's in a game at Olympic last season in a playoff game. I think we will add a lot more names to this list as spring gets here, because of the great baseball we have here in the Carolinas a lot of strong players do not see Varsity baseball until they are a Jr.

4. NCMtnBBDad

NCMtnBBDad NCMtnBBDad

William Head, 2009 Asheville High School: started at shortstop and pitcher his sophomore year for Coach Bill Hillier Jr(former Duke asst coach). 6.87 60 at PG Academic Showcase. Invited to IMPACT Games this summer. Batted leadoff his soph. year. Stole 15 bases. Excellent defensively with strong arm and can play outfield as well. Will be very good pitcher as he gets stronger. Very good command of his pitches. Makes things happen on the field. Very smart player and excellent student. Body just starting to develop.

5. wcds012

wcds012 Junior Member

Alex Embler-this kid can PITCH!! im sure not many people have heard of him but hes recieved interest from a few d1s but mostly d2s. hes definately one to watch out for ...just 2010 though

6. NCyanke

NCyanke Full Access Member

Michael Axe 09 RJR Winston Salem, NC

Michael Axe is a SR at RJ Reynolds(4A) in Winston Salem. Axe as a JR. started at 1st and 2nd base for coach Doug Welch at RJR. As a JR batted .323, 1 home run and 15 rbi’s in a tough CPC Conference. Playing Sr. Legion this summer for Winston Salem batted .385, 2nd on the team, and had a .467 obp. Had 35 hits to lead the team and 25 rbi’s also to lead the team. Hit 3 hr’s. Is now playing for the Carolina Bulldogs showcase team out of Concord, NC. Just this past weekend at App State went 4-7 with 4 walks, 3 rbi’s and a double against some strong pitching. This 17 year old can flat out hit the ball…has power to all fields, this should be his ticket to play at the next level. Also can play multible positions, 1b, 2b, 3b, catcher and OF. This can help to get his bat in the lineup. Michael has been accepted to Mt. Olive and Lynchburg but nothing set with baseball yet. And yes this is my son, who I am very proud of. Has worked very hard over the last 3 years to improve himself. A very good student with a 3.2 grade point average.

7. Stretchlon

Stretchlon Stars

Carolina Bulldogs or Wilson Bulldogs

Who did they play and how did they do?

8. NCyanke

NCyanke Full Access Member

Team is Carolina Bulldogs...not the Wilson Bulldogs...This is a sore subject with me as our Carolina Bulldogs got nixed from the Liberty Tournament this weekend due to a mix up in team names. Although the Carolina Bulldogs have been signed up for this tourney for over a month and where left off the final schedule.

APP tournament

Game 1 was against the Cub 18's...lost 6-3....Game 2 faced the Anglers lost 9-4...Game 3 was against a Heat team and won 8-7 in the bottom of the eighth..The Axe kid singles in the game winner in the bottom of the 8th...The Carolina Bulldogs played well, just not enough hitting on this weekend.

The Cub 18's and the Anglers are very good teams...Great run tourney by CC PROSPECTS

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  9. Stretchlon

Stretchlon Stars

Mr Showcase

Freddy is committed to doing his events right and works hard at it. The man never stops to rest!

10. itslife

itslife Full Access Member

Freddy really did do a great job. It was a fun Tournament. By the way Freddy if you read this we still have your dugout coolers. I put them away for you.