1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Top 5 showcase teams in NC

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by just the facts jack, Jan 14, 2010.

1. big t

big t Full Access Member

SHOWCASE

CUBS ARE VERY GOOD

2. pitchersmom

pitchersmom Member

I am amazed at how quickly this thread headed to the gutter. There are a number of great showcase organizations in the state including all mentioned above and others that weren't. The fact is that they all did a good job of doing their jobs: providing kids that want to try to play at the next level a way to showcase their talents. There are some great players and fine young men associated with all of these programs. Funny thing is that many of them play for different organizations but they still manage to be friends on and off the field and share in each other's successes. Novel concept.

3. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

:iagree:

4. just the facts jack

just the facts jack Member

I'm not going down that path, all I was saying is if you put the north canes pithcing on the south canes 17 they would be just as good or better. The south canes went further than the north canes in Fort Meyers and they tied them at liberty this fall. All I'm saying is give the south canes kids some respect.

And for saying this subject is going in the gutter get real. Why can't people debate over this subject.

5. wockawocka1x

wockawocka1x Member

Oh you tickle me!

:rotflmao:

6. Low & Slow

Low & Slow Full Access Member

depends on your point of view...

Ranking showcase organizations is akin to most other rankings...highly subjective and mostly dependent on your point of view and pre-exisiting biases. If you took the major organizations and ranked them on different criteria the rankings would vary wildly. A few ways to consider how they rank:
    • past history and success in national tournaments (Dirtbags?)
    • very recent history and success in national tournaments (Canes North?)
    • year round practice facilities and teaching (CBC, hands down)
    • quality/cost (S. Charlotte Panthers?)
    • volume of high-level college signees and draft picks (Dirtbags?)
    There are other criteria that would change the mix and the rankings further. I would also say that the only one I am sure of is that no one can compare to CBC for year round facilities for the player....I'm sure folks have their own ideas and that is what drives this board...difference of opinion. If we all thought the same thing it would be very boring and dissolve.

7. big t

big t Full Access Member

Good post!!! Another way to rate showcase teams. All teams have players that can play at the next level. Even the teams that aren't the elite, have players that are just as good as the elite team players

8. cougar man

cougar man Full Access Member

Do you still keep score in showcase!!!!!!!!

9. ThreeupThreedown

ThreeupThreedown Junior Member

It would be nice to see what the Cubs would do in a National Tournament if they ever left the carolinas!!!
    I think the recent recruiting success from both organization(Dirtbags and Canes) says alot for the talent level on the playing field on any given weekend.
    Since a bunch of players have jumped teams in the last couple years, the question to ask the players is who did they enjoy playing for the most? There is enough pressure on these kids to perform well that the added pressure from the showcase coaches is unnecessary.

10. YearRoundBaseball

YearRoundBaseball Member

The Cubs go to East Cobb every year, so dont know what that post means above.. The Cubs made it to the 16U WWBA Quarterfinals last year in GA. Thier 18s were in the final 4 the year before that.

I dont know that kids are getting pressure put on them from showcase coaches. It would all depend on what kids you asked that question to. If you ask kids that left the dbags to go to the canes I am sure they will see they like playing for the canes more, and if you ask a kid who left the canes to play for the dbags it would be the same.

I think both programs are some of the nations elite. They do need to get back on the field together playing one another for the kids, and for baseball.