1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Top 5 showcase teams in NC

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by just the facts jack, Jan 14, 2010.

1. big t

big t Full Access Member

top legion teams would beat some showcase teams. Except for a few of the top showcase teams. I could take a team from Wayne County only and they could compete against any showcase team.

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Thanks Mustang. I received it and will be replying soon..was waiting for my partner's response--you know him...Stretchy.

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

One of the best teams last year was a team made up from the Wilson area----Wilson Bulldogs. Those guys can compete.

4. SoutherNo1

SoutherNo1 Full Access Member

That's gettin' the party started!!

5. Piratefan18

Piratefan18 Full Access Member

That's the truth

[quoteI don't really care. I just can't wait until spring to watch my son play his senior year in High School !!!![/quote]

Watch out as the season will go fast.

As a parent I enjoyed watching my son play his senior year on his high school team more than any other team he played with (includes showcase and legion). The same guys day in and day out came together as a team and got hot in the state playoffs. Surprised everybody by making it to the 2009 State Championship series playing at NCSU Doak Field. That was awesome and it will always be stored upstairs.

6. cougar man

cougar man Full Access Member

I believe Legion would always win, because showcase don't bunt and the score doesn't really matter!! Two totally different games.:basket:

7. Shutout18

Shutout18 Full Access Member

Not to sure you can say that due to the fact that MOST legion teams don't have the pitching like the SC Panthers or CBC dirtbags or canes. Teams like that would beat almost any legion team. But like Rowan, Cherryville, Shelby and a couple others would compete very well against showcase

8. PhillyDave

PhillyDave Senior Member

You haven't been to too many showcase tournaments have you? If you had you wouldn't be making that statement. While there are a few good Legion teams in the area, MOST (IMO) would not have a chance against the better programs out there.

9. big t

big t Full Access Member

IMO there is only a few showcase teams that could dominate a Good legion team. Dirtbags 18, canes north, cubs 18, scp 18.

10. Gman13'sdad

Gman13'sdad Full Access Member

until the time comes where legion no longer uses college players it really is an "apples verses oranges" comparison. This doesn't happen everywhere but I think it is so where legion is still relevant and played at a high level.

Legion does give some HS aged players a place to play in some areas but those areas are becoming fewer and fewer. Junior Legion may be becoming more important then senior legion when it comes to developing players for the local high school programs and wasn't that part of the original idea behind legion ball?

big t, what do you consider a "good" legion team? Is it the one's that are consistantly playing for the state championship, or is it the average legion program? Maybe one of those "championship" level teams could compete to some degree. The rest would not do so well.