1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Top HS Players of the 2000's

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

:xyzthumbs...they're good'uns

2. Braves

Yep...I hated to hear that he is rehabbing from TJ surgery

3. Braves

Do me a favor, if you list somebody, tell us why he was one of the tops that you have seen.

Patrick Adams- West Rowan Patrick is unbelievably strong, but if you didn't know him and saw Patrick for the first time, you would be shocked that he could throw it so hard.

4. PTBaseball

PTBaseball Full Access Member

Landon Powell

Landon Powell, Apex HS, 2000

Powell helped lead Apex to the 4-A state championship in 2000 (I vividly remember him hitting a home run from each side of the plate in a game against Green Hope, the lefty homer went DEEP into the night!) before moving on to a stellar four-year career at the University of South Carolina.

5. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

Kunta Hicks and Chad Baker for Ragsdale

and though I never saw him play high school ball at Southern Guilford - Charlie Gamble who played for the Greensboro Legion team in 2004 and has been tearing it up at NC A&T and Fayetteville in the Coastal Plains League.

6. bowNarrowBob

bowNarrowBob Junior Member

Jeremy Synan, NE Guilford HS, class of 2005, now plays at NC State. One of the top left handed hitters i've ever seen play. I've never seen a shortstop hit balls as far as he did in HS. Hit his share of game winning shots too.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  7. Eagles 1313

Eagles 1313 Full Access Member

Ryan Marion--Brewers....could flat out bring it...played with him since he was 12 and was always able to throw hard

Chris and Cory Lane--UNCC both can flat out run..Cory was among the leaders in NCAA Div. 1A in triples...also played with them since they were 11

CJ Beatty--NC A&T--I think this one speaks for himself....great arm, stick, leader

Ryan McGirr--Gardner Webb--great outfielder that had good speed and a good lefthanded stick

Matt Landphair--UNCC--holds the East Forsyth record for most strikeouts in a game with 18...this was a 7 inning game....he also threw multiple no hitters for the Eagles while he was there

8. Braves

How did I not mention Jeremy? ~giving myself a dope slap~ Without a doubt, one of the best ever..and a classy young man

9. baseballfan

baseballfan Junior Member

Two former Charlotte Christian players: Chris Carrara (Winthrop) and Reid Fronk (UNC). Goose is very fast, great leadoff hitter middle infielder with excellent range. Reid is a great athlete and a great hitter. They led Christian to multiple state titles with Goose starting all four years. Reid and Goose both started on the same team at the Cape Cod All Star game this summer. Goose at second and Reid at third.... Not too bad for a couple of former high school teammates from Charlotte.

10. Braves

In my opinion, Goose is the most underrated baseball player ever in Charlotte