1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Top HS Players of the 2000's

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Alright...my Ryan Marion story. He was pitching for the showcase team, On Deck. That day, Ryan was dominating...blowing FB's after FB's past every hitter. After striking out the side, all of the players came off the field except Ryan. Finally, Ryan came off the mound. My son went up to him and asked, "Ryan, what were you doing out there? Why didn't you come off the field?" he said, "I never remember how many outs there are. I just wait til the ump tells me it's over"...

that's Ryan!:ylsuper:

2. Braves

Wilson Boyd- The perfect leadoff hitter. rarely swings at bad pitches. Has surprising pop in his bat

Addison Johnson- "Toy Cannon". The only thing he can't do is grow height

Matt Payne- One of the best HS pitchers ever. One of the nastiest CB's HS has ever seen.

Chad Flack- The best HS hitter I have ever seen and his gotten even better in college. A pitcher, at times, could get Chad on a low outside pitch, but now he takes it oppo.

Josh Horton- Josh exudes charisma and leadership. He is my favorite college player to watch.

Kyle Shelton- The best defensive infielder in the state...HS or college. Whenever Fox decides to come to that conclusion, Kyle will start at 2nd B every game

Cameron Maybin- The most talented HS player I have ever seen. Maybe the best athlete also

Daniel Bard- Everybody knows about Daniel's pitching, but he was the best HS HR hitter in the state. Madison Bumgarner is about the closest I can think of that could hit it as far.

Rob Wilson- the best all around HS player of his time. I believe Rob had a perfect senior season. Undefeated as a pitcher, won his game that he pitched in the State Championship, led his team in hitting and HR's.

Robert Woodard- The best pitcher I have ever seen. Woody can outthink any opposing team. Strong willed and strong minded..a Bulldog!

Deron Chase- most people do not remember him, but arguably the best hitter South Meck has ever had. I have never seen a kid with his wrists and the pop off the bat like Deron..and maybe would lead the All Time list as a great person.

Mike Daniel- so athletically gifted. The game comes so easy for him. If he wasn't a 16 yo senior, he would have been drafted even higher than he was.

Greg Miclat- "Mister Smooth"..he and Cavasinni were a dangerous lineup to face at On Deck...both are faster that u-r-out getting the last piece of bacon.

Madison Bumgarner- In my opinion, he, Landon Powell and Cameron are the best HS players of this decade in HS in NC

Ryan Morris- Ryan's movement on his pitches are so good that most HS catchers had difficulty catching him. That's why I think he will do even better in the Pro's. He is a phenomenal lefty.

Jerrod Faggert- Nobody plays the game the way Jerrod does...at least not with the same success. He gives up his body to make any catch and has never feared a pitcher in his life.

Elliott Arrington- The Captain..the best leader I have ever seen. Elliott will be a successful coach at some level one day. He commands respect from his peers.

Blake Ketner- "Mr. Durable"...willing to take the ball anytime, no matter how tired he may be. Blake was probably the most consistent HS pitcher I have ever seen. He never had a bad game

David Mailman -"The Mailman delivers..." One of the best clutch LH hitters ever in this state. You can rarely fool him...and can hit with power, too. And a big time player. Loves to play in the big games and is usually successful.

3. Braves

Josh Thrailkill- outside of Robby Bray, I'm not sure that anybody had a better HS career. Somehow, Josh got pushed aside with all of the "Madison Bumgarner Show" talk...but, he is the most polished pitcher in the state with a resume equal to a few.

4. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

Matt Camp?

how good was Matt Camp in HS?

5. Braves

I never got a chance to see him play, but from some people who I trust, they said he was phenomenal. I know he set a lot of hitting records.

6. Braves

Tim Federowicz I never got a chance to see Fed-Ex in HS, but if he was anything like he is in college...Wow!!!

I've said this before and I will say it again. Tim Fed will set most of the UNC hitting records before he is through.

7. Braves

Aubrey Edens the most competitive HS baseball player I have seen in this decade.

8. teachem

teachem Junior Member

Braves I have a question for you..Is Matt Payne still playing at NC State, I mean I see him on the roster but is he expected to pitch/play much this year? Did he play anywhere this summer?I dont talk to anyone since I left ACHS..

9. baseballman123

baseballman123 Full Access Member

Braves, I would like to know the answer to that as well.... I heard rumors that he was transfering...I have no idea if it is true or if he was ever considering it, but I would love to have an update.

10. Braves

His Dad is a member of this board. I'll wait a few days to see if he responds. I'll also send a PM to ask him this. All I have heard is rumors, I'd rather hear it from the horse's mouth