1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Top Juniors to Follow in the State

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Oct 24, 2009.

1. pirates05

pirates05 baseball-lifer

The kids i know from the eastern part that is damn good are:
    1.Benton Moss-Rock Mount High-pitcher. Velocity is 88-91 consistantly. Great pitchers body and super young man. UNC commitment that says it all.
    2.Jason Creasy-pitcher- same body mold as Moss 86-88 velocity and will only get better. NC State commitment
    3.Jordan Deloatch- Lefty pitcher. Has a chance to be the best left in this class.
    4.Dustin Spruill-Catcher- Periquims? way down east. Hard nose player.
    5.Dylan Dickens-pitcher-Roxboro Person i think. tough, no nonsense player who will take the ball anytime. Will make some college coach very happy.
    There are many more that i have seen but don't know there names. East guys help me out.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  2. Eagles 1313

Eagles 1313 Full Access Member

Luke Dunlap--East Forsyth (Canes North) Had an outstanding start at East Forsyth and an outstanding summer with Canes North and winning the WWBA tournament. This kid is a great player and a great person as well. I know he's getting looks, but as far as I know, he is still looking around.

Jesse Simmons (Soph.) West Brunswick and plays with the Dirtbags. This kid is going to be a special player. Will probably start in center and lead off for the Trojans this year. Has good instincts and his arm strength is improving. Has a very good approach at the plate and a compact swing with pop.

3. easternNCbaseball

easternNCbaseball Full Access Member

Probably Dalton Knight or Damon Hoggard. Both are good players, and play summer/fall with the Dirtbags.

4. easternNCbaseball

easternNCbaseball Full Access Member

The 2 big guns at DH Conley...Ryan Gupton (RHP - ECU) and Jordan Deloatch (LHP) are a very good 1-2 combo. They also have a catcher, junior, Stephen Whedbee that can be very good.

Logan Jernigan (South Johnston - RHP - NCSU) very good RHP.

Dustin Spruill - (C - Perquimans) Big body, but agile catcher. Although, he may go somewhere to play football. Good athlete to be his size.

5. blowfly

blowfly Junior Member

Top Juniors

FLETCHER BATES'S ROCK SOLID ATHLETICS OUT OF WILMINGTON

This team has an all-star coaching staff:

Fletcher Bates- former professional and Coastal Athletics owner
    Trot Nixon- formerly of the Boston Red Sox and Cleveland Indians
    Scott Emerson- current professional pitching coach Oakland A's
    Dave Brewster- Fletcher and Trot's high school coach

The team had a really good fall season playing excellent competition.

The 2011 player's that really shined were:

SCOTT JOHNSON- WILMINGTON HOGGARD Slick fielding shortstop R/R. Hits for both power and average. Real clutch player. 3 or 4 hitter. 6ft 160lb.

BILLY VAUGHN- WILMINGTON HOGGARD Leadoff hitter, centerfielder, absolute terror on the bases. Covers more ground in the outfield than grass. 5ft 8in 160 lb R/R

COLEY THOMPKINS- WILMINGTON HOGGARD Starting pitcher/ first base. Great composure on the mound. Fields postion well. Goes deep into every game. 6ft 2 in 175lb R/R

HOUSTON BARNES- EAST COLUMBUS HIGH SCHOOL Pitcher/catcher/utility. A real athelete. A monster physique. Able to compete at any position. 6ft 195lb R/R

These kid's played 19 games, I bet they did not strike out 10 times altogether.

6. JM15

JM15 Moderator

sounds like ncsu has done very well with the '11 class early

7. upandin

upandin Junior Member

Pitt County is always loaded!

8. lnhsrhp64

lnhsrhp64 Junior Member

u mean
    Taylor Thurber RHP

not to be confused with 2010 Tyler Lewis LHP

9. NCBaseballfan14

NCBaseballfan14 Full Access Member

I saw in this thread where Adam Griffin is at Forsyth Country Day School, is that right?

10. MClements

MClements Full Access Member

Griffin Confirmed

Adam Griffin is now at Forsyth Country Day School according to his mother who e-mailed me a correction for the Inside Carolina Recruiting Board.

I would guess having Andy Partin as the FCDS Baseball Coach might have made that decision a little easier for Griffin (and Partin for that matter must love having another top flight arm at FCDS).