1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Top Parents in the Area

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by AREAFAN, Nov 13, 2008.

1. AREAFAN

AREAFAN Junior Member

Who are the top parents in the state of North Carolina? If you are one then brag on yourself. Who are the parents who you can't have a conversation with at a little league, middle school, or high school game without you having to hear about their kid. :smiley_beatin_horse

2. ncsu82

ncsu82 Full Access Member

????

Since this is your thread....you start.

3. Kevin11

Kevin11 Full Access Member

Ain't Skeered!!!!!!

Great Parents: McBrides, Hendersons, Bass, Mays, Parnells, Rothlins, Michaels, Litwins, Allisons, Leggetts, Whites, Shulers, Hipps. There are alot that I am missing and left out, but these people were the funnest and most knowledgable parents I have ever been around. They went out of their way for any player at any time and always supported every child. I know there are alot of great parents out there, but these parents will always stand out in my mind and my heart. They made 2 years the best time my son and I ever had!

Bad Parents: Heck we are all guilty of that as well! Everyone wants to talk about what Junior is accomplishing and what he is doing, that is being proud.
    If Junior has worked hard and it is paying off with accolades or accomplishments, heck, let mom and dad give him some props!

4. Bonsway

Bonsway Full Access Member

Well Said Kevin!

Recently, I was lamenting the ending of my son's baseball season and part of it was missing the parents. All the parents on the On Deck O's 2010s are great (heck, the On Deck family has great parents at every level!!) - they can be counted on, relied upon and always willing to help when needed. A lot of these kids have been playing ball together for a long time. One could even say that there is "love" between these families. It goes far beyond the ball field. I can't wait for summer!

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

To be honest, I've met parents all across the state and everyone I have met are outstanding. They support their kid obviously, but they support all the players on the team...and in some cases they are cheering for a kid on the other team.

It doesn't bother me one bit for a family to be proud of their child and brag on them. They should be proud. Now all of us have seen the OVER exuberant parent, but if they are cheering for the teammates, it doesn't bother me at all.

The one's that do bother me are the complainers. They whine about everything. I try to stay away from them. If there is a new excuse that's being used, they probably invented it. It's the coach's fault....politics....Andy Partin...the umpires....you get the idea

6. ChltBballfan

ChltBballfan Full Access Member

Whiners

"You whine your around the infield fence, you whine your way down to 1st base bleachers, you whine your way behind the dugout. " " What does that make you Braves ?" "Whiners"
    Keep preaching the gospel. Braves.
    Parents, your kids do not need agents or publicist until they get to the Pros, I know we are all bias toward our children, but the excuses you make for your kids may inhibit them from becoming better and acheiving their goals.

7. DirtyMoBaseball

DirtyMoBaseball Full Access Member

Last years 14u Chlt Stealth Seahawk parents were the bomb. The boys were great players and even finer young men. That is a direct reflection of their parents. They were spread from Anderson, SC to Iredell and Rowan counties in NC and everywhere in between. They still found ways to hang out on off weekends with alot of logistical help from their parents. Even though the team has dissolved, the parents end up sitting together when their sons play each other and meeting for between game meals when they can. They still pull for their ex-team members and speak to coahes Schaeffer and Whitted. More than 1 tear was shed at the conclusion of their final game as teammates.

8. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

I couldn't believe how good the parents were with our Heat '10 team. I have never seen a group of boys come together so quickly that did not grow up together in the same community. I didn't know any of these families yet they cheered for my son from the first day. It was pretty cool. Most unselfish group I have been around.

As to good parents and bad parents, many times they are one in the same. Just depends on the day. Obviously some are irritable all the time and some are wonderful all the time. But the majority fall in the middle and everyone has a bad day. Some just show it more than others. I know I've had some really good days and then, well I won't say.[​IMG]

9. east

east Full Access Member

A former coach I knew once stated that the ideal coaching job would be at Oxford Orphanage

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  10. softballphreak

softballphreak Full Access Member

Why would that be ideal?

Nevermind--I read your post before I read the previous posts.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008