1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Top Parents in the Area

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by AREAFAN, Nov 13, 2008.

1. ChltBballfan

ChltBballfan Full Access Member

Braves,
    You will have to put LOW & SLOW's post in you archives. It is a gem.

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Yes...it is and yes..it will be

3. u-r-out

u-r-out Full Access Member

My two cents worth

In the fall of 2006 a small group of Dad's decided to improve the baseball facilities at South Caldwell. For me, I knew that it was long overdue, but mostly I just wanted my son to be proud of me. Others did a lot of work for there own reasons. I am truely greatfull to each and every one of the "Diamond Club" but I will not mention all of them for fear of forgetting someone.

I said all of that to say this. Steve Penny has worked harder than anyone make even more improvements, including any of the coaches. Steve works something like 10 to 15 hours per week, 30 weeks a year. During the winter he actually puts in more hours. The thing about this that just kills me is that some people (mostly kids) have stupid things to say about him. "he is just doing this so his kid will get paying time", Steve is so far up Coach Parham's Butt..." The real problem is that people don't seem to appriciate what people do to help them out. I know that the kids get a lot from their parents, and their parents are more than welcome to meet Steve at the field ANYTIME to provide some help. I know that Steve can find plenty for them to do, for as long as they will show up. In short Steve Penny "Peckerneck" is South Caldwell baseball's best friend, and every person that touches the program is indepted to him and his efforts, I just hope that someone will take over for him when he can't do it anymore.
    STEVE I AM VERY PROUD OF YOUR EFFORTS AND JUST AS PROUD TO CALL YOU MY FRIEND. THANKS, MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW FROM A LOT OF PEOPLE, BUT THANKS FOR BEING MY FRIEND.

4. jd05

jd05 Full Access Member

NWFALL...

one of the great people in Winston Salem is Robert McLamb...
    He started making a difference when his son started playing @ NWFALL in Pfafftown. Every year the field his son played on was the best field at the complex. He taught his successors to keep the fields in great shape and over the ten plus years he greatly upgraded the entire facility. When his son ended up in high school he work for hours on North Forsyths Field and then moved to Reagan and still helps Coach Mabe with all aspects of the Playing surface. His son has been gone for two years and he still is out there cutting grass and making a difference. THANKS ROBERT FOR BEING AN UNBELIEVABLE EXAMPLE TO ALL THE KIDS...

5. Stretchlon

Stretchlon Stars

Best in the state

Deuce, Diesel and Dink by far are the best showcase dad's that I have ever met in North Carolina. They will never let you down.

6. TheOriole

TheOriole Full Access Member

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."
    Author-Jackie Robinson