1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Top Pitchers in Charlotte Area

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by softball4ever1987, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Abbey fan

Abbey fan Full Access Member

Correct

U are correct, SW has two pretty good pitchers I believe, one young one that has battled against the best. The Blues 16U had a couple of solid SW players but they have decided to get out of the showcase/extensive travel and we respect their opinion and wish them the very best! Great kids and families. Got to admit, would have loved the pitcher as well!

2. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

Agreed !!!

S.W. Randolph will win the 3A State this year...too much talent not to WIN! Even after Senior catcher ( B.Y.) leaves got a heck of a sophmore catcher ( H.B.) coming up the ranks, my D.D. played with her for a couple of years,also has a good stick !!! Plus you have at least (1) Senior pitcher leaving, but have (2) strong Sophmore pitchers coming up the ranks so I see them winning next year also !!!! Man it must be sweet to have a stacked ball team,and have all the confidence in the world knowing you are going to KICK BUTT !!!!

:thinking2:

3. dogjaw

dogjaw Full Access Member

Haithcock,York,Campbell,Hogan,McCaskill,Cox all started playing on my 8u team that traveled and all but Haithcox still do play for the Randolph Rage and Maness came on 2 years ago to team with Campbell on the mound for us.Hayes and Marsh have played on our team in the past as well . Add Seawell and Berry from the local Knockouts and you have SWR's starting lineup,Hayes and Haithcox now plays for the Knockouts and Marsh with the Cardinals.All local talent ,No transfers , would love to have a picture of these girls as 3A state champs to go beside there first 8u NSA state Championship .

4. Grouseone

Grouseone Full Access Member

You are Dreaming. Do you know about other teams in 3A There are about 6 that will give you a battle and beat you. But I love a team with confidence

5. dogjaw

dogjaw Full Access Member

They dream about it every day .....the entire team goes out for breakfast every friday before school ,the entire team is going camping after the game tommorrow ,no one is left out ..they are family and have been since 8u . sure they can be beat ,but they can beat anybody too, 1A - 4A ,they have played many games vs. all the best pitchers in TB and HS.
    glossen,peeler,watson,childers,leonard ect. they know exactly what to expect, a dog fight when you go up against those ,just choke up,shorten up ,dont chase and just put it in play and put pressure on a defense thats not use to many base runners ........dreaming you say .....I wouldn't expect anything less

6. softball nut

softball nut Full Access Member

SW Randolph

SWR is my pick for 07 State Champs.Don't think there's another HS team that has as much talent from top to bottom. Really looking forward to CC game with them, should be a great battle with a field full of great players.1 hiccup may be the game.

7. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

wouldnt expect anything less either, dogjaw. Thanks...........

some here tend to speak w/o much knowledge or experience outside of their region. hopefully they get outside more in the near future.

as most here that view the big picture, SWR is gotta be hard to beat and top 4(3A) in NC, imo.

8. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

:loveit:

9. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

Christina Melton Hopewell High School (JR) Christina is coming off an injury. She will be much improved when she is back to 100%. Christina is very good at 1st base and swings a big bat also. Multi talented player.

10. bubba hut

bubba hut Bubba Hut

Awesome Pitching Talent Pool in Area

Don't forget little Miss Casey Faile just down the road a piece.
    A long time area player with the Magic & now the Curve Bowen.

Class of 2007 Pitchers from NC travel ball teams.

A.Ward (Blues ) Ten # 1 in the Nation
    C.Faile (Curve) LSU # 5 in the Nation
    D.Glosson ( CCC ) S.Ill # 17 in the Nation
    F.Sutton (Cards) UNC # 23 in the Nation
    M.Childers (Blues ) USCU # 16 in DII Going D1 next year
    M.Vickers (many) L-Rhyne # 9 in DII

I know I am over looking others and I appoligize in advance..

NC travel ball has some Great Talent !

Class of 2008 & 2009 is coming hard

M.Peeler Cobras
    S.Davis Mixed Forces
    M.Primm ???
    C.Melton Blues Gold
    C.Leonard Blues
    etc etc etc...I'm sure there are some awesome kids I have not seen,
    sorry in advance for any misspelled names