1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

top pitchers

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by mt. Man, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

No need guys

Guys no need to bash this individual. It speaks for itself if you know what I mean. Anyone with any baseball IQ at all knows that these guys are at the top of the heap. There are always going to be people that try to build themselves up by knocking others down. It speaks for itself.

2. SuperJon

SuperJon Full Access Member

I just think Thomas Newsome should be getting some type of credit. The kid is 8-0 with something like a 1.2 ERA and is getting no pub.

3. 23109shelby06

23109shelby06 Junior Member

See what I mean, anybody who says anything negative automatically doesn't have any baseball IQ. The fact of the matter is that no pitcher in this state is perfect and every single one of them has holes. These guys are no doubt the best pitchers in the state thats why I put them on here. All I was stating is what they need to be great, what they need to make it big at the next level, and what the first thing the coaches at the next level are going to tell them. If you want to talk about knowing D1 potential and what a good pitcher is, I might have a little clue since I play D1 right now and have faced not the recruits but the teams at Clemson, North Carolina, Virginia, etc...

4. SuperJon

SuperJon Full Access Member

Where do you play at? Your screen name on here suggests you're a 2006 graduate.

5. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

Trevor Mullins is up to 10-0 and doesn't appear to be slowing down. He hasn't looked his sharpest the last two games but he hangs in there and gets the outs when he has too and gives his team a chance for the come back wins.

As soon as I can get hold of some stats I'll post them

6. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

Trevor is a great kid and obiviously pitching very well...any word on where he might be headed next year?

7. 23109shelby06

nah not really sure why I put 06' on there, I guess just needed something else and just threw in the year.

8. 23109shelby06

few words

I just really have a problem with singing praises for kids that get there recognition by going out and throwing to a gun. Nobody can blame them for doing it, I mean its the way they get noticed, the way they get drafted, or the way they get signed by the best schools. I just want to know when it stops. When they go back and just play the game because they love to. I don't know who is to blame. Whether its the parents who sometimes put a little to much emphasis on the wrong things. Or a college coach that leaves the game when a guy is shutting a team down but doesnt have a 90 mph fastball. Maybe they want to see their name on impact baseball or this board rocks. I really don't know but the best high school games to watch are the ones that don't have the big stars but that scrap and fight for every run and every W.

9. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

I have a young man on my HS team that can pitch. He does not light up the gun but changes speeds and hits his spots well. He is as good a pitcher as I have coached. I had a coach tell me he liked him but would not offer because he does not throw hard enough for that coach. Obviously that coach does look at gun readings and projectability, so it is something you must consider. However there are places for my kid to play and he will find one. Different coaches will have different philospohies and each are successful in their own right.

10. 23109shelby06

If its not the gun then its something else...height, weight, delivery...its always something different and if they were right most of the time I would see where they were coming from but the fact is I've seen these guys that don't throw that hard and aren't 6'3 go and succeed at the next level to many times to believe that they don't deserve at least a look from the top programs.

I'm sure there is a place out there for your kid, there is some place for everybody and I hope it works out for him. Those are the kind of guys I hope are pitching when I go out to the ballfield.