1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Top Recruits for 2013 in the Triangle

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Baseball-fan, Apr 20, 2011.

1. baseballbats

baseballbats Junior Member

Summer Ball

Would agree very much with CubsFan24 in regard to Cooper, great player strong future and one to watch. I know King and Webster, both are strong players as well (heard, not confirmed Webster and Newbold from Green Hope are cousins, BB must be in the genes).

Responding to WWMgr above in regard to Yoder, great kid with lots of potential, his hitting is hot and cold and he needs to grow into his body a bit and improve on skills, not sure he's the real deal yet, but getting there for sure.

I happened to be in Raleigh last weekend and stopped by Legion 67 Cary Bulls tryouts. Lots of talent on the field. It was a good afternoon to see many of the Tri 9 and other 2013s, 14s.

Looks like they will not be short of talented catchers (Pickard CG, Newbold GH, Mason Athens). Newbold capturing the best pop time- by my clock then followed by Pickard and then Mason…all right at 2 (Newbold and Pickard, slightly under).

Pitarra was there looking in typical form during the fielding drills, but the young Addona brother (2014, I think, not sure of his name) stood out more than the 2013 players…on my radar as one to watch.

I had heard the Panther Creek Legion team is going to loaded? Can anyone comment?

2. BluenGold

BluenGold Junior Member

St. David's has two sophomores Jonah Sheats (RHP, IF) and Chris Andrews (CF) who had outstanding seasons for the Warriors and will be the guys the next couple of years.

3. Ballfan

Ballfan Full Access Member

I know this isn't the Triangle but Matt Vernon from FCD is a very solid player. He played great at the Dugout Invitational in Arizona and hit a monster homerun at Elon earlier in the year. Definitely one to keep an eye on.

4. Pride9

Pride9 Junior Member

Vincent Addona, Nick's little brother, is actually a 2015 kid. Has all the tools and a good bat from the left side. He's playing with the Canes 2014 this summer but he is in the 8th grade. Good kid who really loves the game.

5. baseballbats

baseballbats Junior Member

Thanks for letting me know the younger Addona's name. 2015 wow. I would not have guessed he was that young, as he showed as well or better than many of the older boys. He reminded me a boy I saw on the 2011 Schaumburg Seminoles 15U National team out of IL.

6. TG13

TG13 Junior Member

2013's for Fuquay are Hunter Kemplin and Garret Suggs. Hunter can do pitch/hit..strong arm. Garret is an awesome outfielder although bat is weak but has played at varsity level past two years. They also have a big strong right handed pitcher. I believe Fuquay JV won all of their games this past spring.

Holly Springs has quite a few and I may be missing a few. Parker James has a strong arm and should see a lot of innings on the mound. Trey Cobb 3b with strong bat. Bryan Fortier should be a strong arm, a vaccum cleaner at 1b with strong bat. Hudspeth (? first name) should provide some power at the plate but may not catch due to a senior. Pretty sure there are a few more. They were very strong for JV this year.

Green Hope Scott McCraney who should be strong pitcher. John Bradely, Smith Prevost. (believe Pitarra and Yoder are 2014? but may be wrong)

7. scstudly

scstudly Junior Member

what is it looking like for 2014 in the area?

8. JM15

JM15 Moderator

stephen pitarra of green hope is the real deal for class of 2014.
    tyler sholar of middle creek will be a household name as well by the time he graduates.

9. ohsbsball

ohsbsball Full Access Member

Orange HS started 5 sophomores in 2011:
    OF Nick Debo - .449, 2 HR, 21 RBI (Carolina 3A All-C)
    1B/OF Andrew Toney - .333, 8 HR, 25 RBI (Carolina 3A All-C)
    OF/SS/P Jon Evans - .400, 6 SB
    OF/2B Cory Moyer - .318
    C Joe Vance - .205, caught stealing 40%, alternated with a JR catcher

Add two good 2012s
    3B/1B Keon Holt - .345, 25 RBI
    LHP/1B Kirk McKee - 3-2, .265, 2 HR

10. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Loading up for another title run :woot: