1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Top Recruits for 2013 in the Triangle

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Baseball-fan, Apr 20, 2011.

1. feartheturtle

feartheturtle Full Access Member

Tyler Pickard is a very talented kid...not only a fine catcher, but has a chance to be a very good pitcher. Another Bulls / Gibbons 2013 kid to watch is Robbie Thorburn...2b/of, by the time he's a sr could be very special.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  2. belowtheborder

belowtheborder Junior Member

Though he is not from the Triangle area, Mallard Creek's Kirk Morgan can flat out play. This 2013 with be filling some extremely big shoes as MCs Short Stop next year. I believe he may be the most talented in the 2013 class from the Charlotte area.

3. DirtyMoBaseball

DirtyMoBaseball Full Access Member

Morgan hit .436, 8 doubles, 1 trip, 1 hr, .933 fielding %, and pitches pretty well. It has been fun watching him grow over the past 2 years even though he wore us out. He is my front runner for I Meck player of the year for the the next 2 years.

4. paidmydues

paidmydues Full Access Member

I could not agree more about Mallard Creek's Morgan.....

DirtyMo, Good assessment of his skills. And doubly admirable of you since you are a rabid fan of an IMeck team that battles MC routinely. Kirk is off to a great start having been named to the all conference team as a freshman and now again as a sophomore. If I had to make only one comment to describe the young man, it would be that he is a humble and driven "LEADER". (or is that two comments?).

5. pirates05

pirates05 baseball-lifer

I am extremly bias and protective of Kirk. He has been one of mine since he was 8 years old and playing up with my team. He is one of the top players in the 2013 class. with a very successful summer of playing with the sc panthers and hitting the weight room to get stronger and faster this young man will also explode into the national scene. Kirk is a wonderful hitter and defensive MIF. Along with kirk and the other talented 2013 players, this area will continue to be a hot bed for college recruiters and professional scouts.

6. Diamondcrazy

Diamondcrazy Junior Member

Had a chance to see tri-9 action this season. Here are the 2014's that left an impression (in no particular order).

Green Hope - Yoder
    Fuquay - DJ Burt, Yarborough, Daniels
    Holly Springs - Arthur, Willadson, Duncan
    Apex - Yarem
    Middle Creek - Sholar, Towler
    Athens Drive - Campbell
    Panther Creek - Howard

I am sure we will see more from this group next season...

Some of these players are playing showcase (several Canes & 1 Dirtbags) this summer. A few are playing legion.

7. baseball1313

baseball1313 Junior Member

I saw some 2013's play this season. Tim Hampton from Jordan a out fielder. Not for sure if he is a 2013 or not. Riverside HS has catcher Jake Kusz and infielders Jonathan Deluca and Cameron Snow. Northern has infielder and pitcher Zack Garrison.

I think they are playing on showcase teams also.

8. Focused Closer

Focused Closer Junior Member

Does anyone have the two's High School stats the last two years. I Have seen both in the summer with Dbags. Nice to see some season stats when your a Soph and have committed you must be incredible during HS. Varsity Baseball? Did the High School Conference coach's feel the way PG has and voted them All Conference? Do they have more that one tool being a VODOO?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  9. Ballfan

Ballfan Full Access Member

That early in your high school career, you get ranked higher by Perfect Game just by attending one of their events. This is not a knock on either of the 2 mentioned. They may be the 2 best in NC but PG is biased with the younger classes.

10. Focused Closer

Focused Closer Junior Member

Perfect Game

Is this Site banned by the NCAA because its a pay for information. I tried to get info on site its a payme thing. I heard the NCAA was banning recruiting sites and this one would seem to fit that bill. We get stuff from them monthly and they seem to want lots of money to come there to be clocked and timed. Has anyone found that to be worth it? It seems one might be able to pay for a years worth of tuition and books for what all these folks are wanting to get in front of coaches.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011