1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

top teams in the west for 06

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by strike 3, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

Teams for the West....

SW4A is going to be brutal and up for grabs....Butler, Providence, East Meck, Myers Park, Independence, Weddington and South Meck....there will not be a gimme game in this conference this year. Strong talent across the board, any team can come out on top in the SW4A this year.

2. WNCBB

WNCBB Full Access Member

WNC Teams

Teams to watch in the Mountains

4A - AC Reynolds
    Blane Howell SR, LHP/OF and Sam Runion JR, RHP will be tough to beat this spring.....good supporting cast to go along with the pitching.

3A - TC Roberson
    Josh Thrailkill SR, RHP/1B and Justin Jackson JR, SS should lead the Rams to another successful season.

2A - West Henderson
    Loaded with talent....could make another run at the state title if the pitching comes through.

1A - Rosman
    Shane Galloway SR, LHP/1B and Alex McMahan, JR RHP/IF are two of the best players in the area.

3. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

Want to echo what WNCBB has posted about the mountains.

AC Reynolds could be a real sleeper in 4A. Guys this team is loaded with talent. Don't just be dazzled by their 2 quality starters, this team can hit it.

TC should own the west but needs another stopper besides Thrailkill to go deep in the playoffs.

West Henderson returns all but one, but may have to outscore some opponents to go a long ways. Will still only start 3 seniors. I would never count out East Rutherford. Some very nice talent in that group.

I like Rosmans Tues/Fri rotation. Better get them whenever they have that 3rd game in a week. Depth at the plate will be what they need to develop.

4. Homer3

Homer3 Full Access Member

1A Sleeper

The 1A sleeper will be Bishop Mcguiness HS. This will be their first season in 1A and this team is deep in talent and extremely well coached. Coach Wearnsin is tough but fair and can really develop talent. He has turned down several D1 college coaching offers just so he take his team to the next level.

5. 12to6

12to6 Full Access Member

CCSNews:

Charlotte Christian would be more than competitive with any public school team across the carolinas. They have 11 legitimate seniors. i just wish CMS would allow them to play teams from the greater charlotte area, so the local folks could see the type of program charlotte christian has

6. Chief

Chief Braves Assistant

I apologize for the big jinx. But I stand by my prediction. Those kids can chunk it!

7. kboy2187

kboy2187 Junior Member

forsyth county teams

the big 3 north,west and glenn should all be teams too watch this year these are the best the county has to offer and these teams are all loaded with talent. All three of these teams i expect should fair pretty well come playoff time

8. cougar man

cougar man Full Access Member

As good as AC Reynolds may be it want matter!!!! South Caldwell will take over as conf. champs!!! Hate it for all the pretty good teams in the west this year!!! Probally will be the same story next year also. All we can hope for is maybe they will play an illegal player!!!! I couldnt have said that!!!:imagestor

9. strike 3

strike 3 Full Access Member

should be alot of talent in the new 2A/3A CVAC conference, all schools are from either caldwell or catawba county. many good players from this area have played on some pretty good travel teams (catawba valley storm, hickory heat, caldwell spartans, and cobras) over the years. would like to hear Red Bears humble opinion on this conference, schools, and players.

10. rocket

rocket Full Access Member

rocket

"West Henderson returns all but one, but may have to outscore some opponents to go a long ways. Will still only start 3 seniors. I would never count out East Rutherford. Some very nice talent in that group."

East Rutherford should have thier hands full in the new 2A/3A conf. Shelby returns 7 junior starters from last year playoff team, and the way I understand it only the conf. winner will be assured to go this year. (Nobody wants to be in a position to sneak in as a wild card). The Cavs and Lions will play 3 times and whoever comes up short may be one of the better teams in N.C. 2A staying home.