1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

top teams in the west for 06

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by strike 3, Dec 1, 2005.

1. TBA

TBA Full Access Member

Classic

Last edited: Dec 27, 2005
  2. FROZEN ROPES

FROZEN ROPES Member

Agreed, ACR should do good things, however I would have to give the nod to South Caldwell, based on the mix of returning varsity players and upcoming jv players. The jv group from last year is very strong. Combined spring and summer, they went 42-3 winning the NW4A JV Conference and the American Legion Junior State Championship.

When it is all said and done, it should be a classic matchup. I can't wait for spring.[/QUOTE]

I've seen this group play many times, they have the tools, chemistry, heart, and confidence to bring the first NC4A State Baseball Title back to SC since 1982.

With any luck at all, Coach Jeff Parham should have a very blessed couple of years.

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I agree SC will be extremely tough this year, but the thing you have to keep in mind is that you could have the best team in the state, but in a "one and your done" playoff game, one hot pitcher and you will be sitting at home.

Whoever comes out of the NW4A, still has to get by the SW4A...and that will be an extremely talented, very experienced conference with teams loaded with D1 pitchers.

This should be a great season for HS baseball...I can hardly wait!!!!

4. FROZEN ROPES

FROZEN ROPES Member

Been there done that!

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Yep...and I agree SC is a Top 5 in the state. This could be their year

6. bigleagueumpire

bigleagueumpire The Man behind the Plate

Well last year the NW4A got kicked out in first round. Both South Caldwell and Alexander Central got smashed up. NW4A have a decent conference but always choke come playoff time. If Hardy had a talented team and did not have to make all his players from scratch he would have a state championship. Take it too the bank. South Caldwell comes in first in the division and AC Reynolds battles off both Alexander Central and Watuaga. Neither team will make it into the second round of playoffs. Way too much talent coming from MECA and SW4A

7. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

The entire "06 Class" is one of the best that has been in NC the past few years.

It should be fun to watch all conferences battle it out this year and see who makes the playoffs.

8. WNCBB

WNCBB Full Access Member

"One and your done" is so true. Over the past two years TC Roberson has had one the most talented teams in the state and perhaps the country, but has come up short both years. You have to be very good (and stay healthy) and have a little luck along the way to win it all.

Based on what I saw in Jupiter this fall, the state is loaded with outstanding players in both the 06 and 07 class.

It should be a fantastic year for baseball in North Carolina....I can't wait!

9. 1Cannon0

1Cannon0 Headhunter

Amen to that...If Watauga had the kind of talent that South Caldwell and AC Reynolds has then there would be no question to who would walk away with that conference title

10. cougar man

cougar man Full Access Member

Alexander Central should play good defense and hit the ball O.K. We will struggle with starting pitching. Normally one of our stronger areas.. Its hard to win with no pitching dont matter who the coach is!