1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

top teams in the west for 06

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by strike 3, Dec 1, 2005.

1. TBA

TBA Full Access Member

Hardy vs Parham

By your statement, it sounds like you feel that coach Pete Hardee (Watauga) is a much better coach than Jeff Parham (South Caldwell). If this is indeed what you mean, then what are you basing this on?

2. bigleagueumpire

bigleagueumpire The Man behind the Plate

I base it on talent. Pete Hardee basically comes into each season with nothing and forms them into ball players. They are the most competitive team year in and year out. I like Parham but he gets talent and with the talent he has there is no way he shouldn't sweep conference. If they do not then they have played below there potential.

Alexander has no pitching and decent sticks, defense will blow ballgames for them.

AC Reynolds had good young players last year that challenged AC and SC last year.

South Caldwell has Bumgarner who is tremedous athletically, and best pitcher and bat in the conference. SC had a 2nd pitcher last year that shut down AC in the final game of the season but gave up a heartbreaker in the top of the 7th. Not sure if he's back tho but he's got good stuff.

Watuaga has Hardee and will make a team of fundamental ballplayers. I believe his son is playing as well and he is an exceptional baseball player. I see this team upsetting Alexander and Reynolds once during the year.

3. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

The pitcher from SC you are talking about is Matt Gragg and he is back this year. He improved alot during legion ball last year and will really help South Caldwell