1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Top Unsigned Seniors in Triad-Area

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by MirrorImage7, Sep 20, 2005.

1. MirrorImage7

MirrorImage7 Junior Member

Who are the top unsigned seniors in the Triad/Winston-Salem area? Also, where do they play/school?

2. UK7Dook3

UK7Dook3 Full Access Member

I keep tooting the horn for pitcher Andrew Hunt from North Davidson High. Andrew is a lefty who was the CPC 4A POY last season...& did that pitching with a torn ACL. He's likely a D2 pitcher imho unless his ACL surgery (very successful in July) adds a few mph. But the kid is gritty & has good movement on his breaking ball.

Also keep an eye on Zach Roach, power hitting outfielder for West Davidson. Lefty with a strong arm & good speed. Zach has never played travel ball, but he blossomed this summer playing for Lexington Post 8. He finally learned that he doesn't have to pull everything to be a power hitter. Sweet sweet swing for sure.

3. MirrorImage7

MirrorImage7 Junior Member

Players

Any other standout players that are unsigned out there?

4. mythoughts

mythoughts Full Access Member

YOU MAY WANT TO LOOK AT TYLER MANRING AT WEST FORSYTH. A GOOD SOLID PLAYER IF/OF THAT RUNS WELL. REALLY CAME ON STRONG FOR THEM IN THE LATER PART OF THE YEAR, AND HAD A GOOD LEGION SEASON

5. SMARTBASEBALL

SMARTBASEBALL Full Access Member

FOUR PLAYERS IN YVC ALONG WITH ZACK ROACH

PHIILIP DOWD LHP JORDAN MATTHEWS / EASTER RANDOLPH LEGION
    SPENCER ANDREWS SS/RHP CHATHAM CENTRAL GREENSBORO PALOMINO
    COLE HUDSON OF/RHP CHATHAM CENTRAL GREENSBORO PALOMINO
    SETH KIVETT 3B/P CHATHAM CENTRAL POY YVC GREENSBORO PALOMINO

6. DCAWBASEBALL

DCAWBASEBALL DCAWBASEBALL

John McDaniel, outstanding pitcher and Zach Vogler, centerfielder for Davie High School have not signed, hopefully someone with pick them both up.

7. mythoughts

mythoughts Full Access Member

Johnny Mac and Vogler are both good players. good luck to them in finding somewhere to play

8. wswball

wswball Member

Jon Helsabeck....Parkland HS

R/R...SS/P...big, strong guy...swings the bat well....should have an outstanding year.

9. Caroliner

Caroliner Full Access Member

Helsabeck is getting some looks and definitely should improve his standing this spring as Parkland's on- and off-the-field senior leader.

10. phoenixbaseball

phoenixbaseball Junior Member

im new to the site so its gonna take me some time to get used to. i was reading through this thread and i also believe helsabeck will be a large asset to Parklands team this year. He swings the stick very well to go along with great range from short. I've heard of this manring kid too. i believe him and helsabeck played legion together. Hear that he came on strong in later part of the season last year for West Forsyth. Also, that he swings the bat well and has great speed. Does anyone else have anymore info on manring or helsabeck, if so let us know.