1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Top Unsigned Seniors

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by FutureCoach, Nov 30, 2005.

1. DCL26

DCL26 Full Access Member

West Stanly

There are three kids from West Stanly, Tyler Almond P/IF, Kurt Benton P/OF, Tyler Smith Catcher. These three young men can flat out play. It would be my hope that someone would give these young men a look.

2. TheBull

TheBull Member

It is good to see Billy get a chance at Indy. He is a very knowledgable baseball player. Good luck to Billy, Evan, Robbie, Darrall. That conference is going to be a dog fight with everyone beating up on each other. Probably the toughest conference in the state.

3. killa4

killa4 Junior Member

Derek Boliek

Is Derek Boliek from Hickory High School a senior?? If so, why the heck haven't I heard anything about him? I went and watched Hickory play some last year and this kid could smash the ball and has an excellent glove to go along with great speed. He led the team in hitting last year and he even had a Clemson signee and an ASU signee playing with him. So once again, why in the world have I not heard anything on him? Any schools showing interest? Anyone that knows anything about this kid, please post a reply because I would like to know some things about this stud player.

4. Red Bear

Red Bear Full Access Member

He's a junior, I think. Very fine ballplayer. Baseballman123 should be able to give you a mouthful.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2006
  5. Big Ugly II

Big Ugly II Junior Member

What great news for Ben Lilly! It could not have happened to a nicer player than Ben. His family's not bad either!

6. baseballman123

baseballman123 Full Access Member

Derek is a junior. He is a very good ball player and also a very great kid off the field. He is looking to have another outstanding year this year but is battling a few injuries. He is still hitting over .500 with a HR and 5 other extra base hits through 4 games. He ran a 6.8 this past summer and so he has some speed as well. Derek plays with a kid named Clay Smith who is an outstanding pitcher for the Tornadoes. Clay was their ace in the 2004 season but tore his ACL the next year and was not able to play last season. He is a very solid pitcher and a good hitter as well and just wants a place to play somewhere. He was 8-3 as a sophomore with 82 K's.

7. Spartanbaseball14

Spartanbaseball14 Jballer

South Caldwell

Does anyone have the stats on Matt Gragg....hes a great right handed pitcher who has great speed 86-91 mph and a solid breaking ball...he will be a good find for any college...dont forget about Madison Bumgarner either...the junior lefty throws low 90's and has some off speed... i look for both of these guys to go to solid schools....

8. Spartanbaseball14

Spartanbaseball14 Jballer

South Caldwell

Can u say Matt Gragg and Madison Bumgarner from south caldwell....these two love to compete and are great pitchers...Gragg throws in the high 80's and Madison the lefty throws in the low 90's....some college will be lucky to get one of them!!!!

9. Red Bear

Red Bear Full Access Member

Evan Jonas

I saw a picture of East Gaston's Evan Jonas in the paper today. He is listed as among the area leaders in innings pitched, ERA, and strikeouts. I knew this kid as a slick fielding shortstop/pitcher as a 14/15 year old. He also had a great attitude and was fun to be around. Looks like he has continued to progress nicely.

Does anybody know what his college plans are?

10. Coach36

Coach36 Full Access Member

If a lefty is in the low 90s he probably won't make it to college if he can throw it in the roll-a-way. Just my opinion though.