1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Top Unsigned Seniors

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by FutureCoach, Nov 30, 2005.

1. roc0720

roc0720 Full Access Member

You cant two better kids than Dice and Lilly. I think Lilly will be a good fit for someone looking for a mid-reliever. He has a deceptive delivery and alot of run to go along with a great slider. Dice has a good baseball body and is a good reciever along with a great arm. Both have great families as well!

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Both of these guys I feel are underrated or at least under publicized. They are legit players at any level.

3. oldguycoach

oldguycoach Banned From TBR

Unsigned Seniors 06 class

I think some Scouts are really missing the boat big time if they haven't been watching the Hopewell Titans play, especially last year when they were expected to do very little but surprised positively in a winning way. Matt Cochran has become one of the best Catchers in the Conference and his bat is coming around too. Andy Oliver, an exceptionally versatile player, shows speed afoot as well as on the mound and has thrown effectively not only in the HS ranks but against East Cobb, and the Diamond Dream clubs in Tournament ball. He has a quick bat combined with good power. He is also a very above average outfielder with a rifle arm and covers ground with little effort. I would suggest a good look at these talented and versatile athletes. :77321_bs:

4. yankees

yankees Full Access Member

2005 HS Stats

Matt Cochran - Avg. .417, Slg.% .688, OnBase% .524, 3 HR
    Andy Oliver - Avg. .362, Slg.% .552, OnBase% .449, 2 HR
    Wesley Dozier - Avg. .313, Slg.% .500, OnBase% .400, 1 HR

OldGuyCoach - Add Wesley Dozier to the list, he played with a badly bruised wrist for most of the season and baring further injury he should really up his numbers from last year.The above stats from the 2005 HS Season speak for themselves as they were at or above the numbers for 2 guys that moved on to the next level Dusty White and Brett Richardson. Things will heat up and you'll hear committments early in the spring. I think both are waiting, and studying their options carefully. A smart move in my mind.

Oliver will also play a key role as the #1 pitcher for the Hopewell Titans in 2006. He had a great summer and fall on the mound for the Copperhead 18U Showcase team.

Note Dusty White (UNCC) and Brett Richardson (Pfeiffer) both moved on to the next level, so will Cochran, Oliver and Dozier.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2005
  5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Matt is one of my favorite players and personally I feel he is the best catcher in Charlotte.

Andy- I recall when he pitched a beautiful game last year against South Meck. I said after that game that he was a player to watch. I'm glad that he had such a terrific summer and fall. He is such a competitor

Both of these guys will play at the next level...and Matt knows where i want him to go

6. oldguycoach

oldguycoach Banned From TBR

06 Unsigned Seniors

Sorry, didn't intentionally leave Wesley (bull) Dozier from the list. He is one of the best 2nd basemen around and as long as he is allowed to play his natural position; he too, will be in scouts eyes. :ylsuper:

7. blademan

blademan Full Access Member

Brett Honeycutt

Brett, was the leadoff man for NW Cabarrus. All conference and played left field, but is a natural second baseman as well. Can't remember off the top of my head what his stats were, but he did well. His Dad and I used to coach the Carolina Royals together. Great folks. Brett's brother played at Montreat. Brett's quick, has great hands, can hit for avg. and has some pop, and has baseball smarts.

blademan

8. matrix123

matrix123 Full Access Member

Top Unsigned Players

Just to mention a few from Alexander Central(ACHS)

Two Seniors to watch from ACHS this year that are unsigned are:

P/OF Cameron Kerley
    IF Durant Barr

Last year: Kerley hit .364 with 4 homeruns
    from the mound, he had a 3.09 ERA
    Kerley has a good arm from the outfield, has good speed, and he also has a good bat.

Barr hit .333 with 1 homerun in limited action
    Barr is a good utlilty man, he can play 3B/2B/1B
    He is a good defensive player and has speed, Barr also swings a good stick.

1 Junior to mention

IF/P Dustin Harrington

Last year: Harrington hit .423 with 3 homeruns and 4 doubles
    From the mound, he had a 0.88 ERA in limited action. His time was mostly at SS.
    He has good range and a good arm, his bat is good as well. He also shows good speed as he stole 8 bases.

9. baseball42

baseball42 Member

North Henderson has three good seniors that should be watched this year.
    Nick Eddy a 5-10 pitcher and outfielder.Nick has played alot of travel ball and excellent all-star teams.He should be on the mound alot this year for north. He should be throwing in the mid 80's with good command. He had a good year in legion ball for Henderson County playing center field.

Mathew McMurray a 6-1 lefty pitcher.He should be throwing mid 8o"s also with good
    movement.He has alot of pop in his bat.

Jackie Corn a 6-o catcher .He weighs around 210 lbs and I think he has hit 13 homeruns so far in highschool.He also had a good year in legion ball for Henderson county .He has had multiple homeruns in single games before.These kids should be playing at the next level.

10. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

Not all that familier with McMurray, as he has never faced us much. But Nick Eddy and Jackie Corn are gonna make nice college players. Great talent and good kids.
    Just a little something about the Jackie Corn's devotion to baseball. This fall he was banging heads on the football field on Friday nights(linebacker I think) and playing baseball on the weekends. Most kids would be laying around on Saturdays licking there wounds. This is one tough kid.