1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Top Unsigned Seniors

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Because Inny doesn't post on here very often, let me state that his opinons and reputation in the College/HS world is one of total respect. He can be blunt, but always honest, yet his heart is always with the players that play the game. He has experienced the highs and lows of recruiting, yet has an unbelievable relationship with college coaches that spread across the country.

He is a unique honorable man with wisdom and experience that is not always found on message boards. He is a terrific resource for us, but there is a problem......I rarely can get him to post:36:

2. aguyyouknow

aguyyouknow Yogi Fan

It seemed harsh that's all.

These career baseball guys don't like to be called clueless. It's hurtful.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  3. aguyyouknow

aguyyouknow Yogi Fan

This too

This one could also be taken the wrong way by NC baseball people.

4. itsinthegame

itsinthegame Full Access Member

Braves - I would love to post more often and I appreciate your very kind words.

But I dont think that I can express myself truthfully on many subjects - and survive here for very long. I would get chewed to pieces on a daily basis.
    LOL.

I think a reasonable person would recommend that I stick to congratulating the young men who will be getting a chance to continue playing this great game - and supporting youth baseball players up and down the East Coast - and leave the opinions and critiques to others.

Let me just add - I do think that we all should expect the same level of effort - basic human courtesy and truthfullness from the coaches as we do from our own kids. I see no reason why we should expect anything less.

My best to you and your family as always.

5. Braves

Thanks P...as always the feeling is mutual

6. oldguy97

oldguy97 Junior Member

I got a chance to watch Ethan pitch over the past high school season. Shows pure raw talent out there on the mound and will not hesitate to come inside with a upper 80's to 90 mph fastball. He was throwing a no hitter against East Forsyth going into the 6th inning and then was pulled due to a ball hit off his knee. Some how he ended up making the play and keeping to no hitter alive. Come to find out he had a torn labrum at the time and played the rest of the season and over the summer with the angles showcase team and he was throwing in the upper 80's. Can't wait to see whats in store for him this year!

7. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

Thats the way "COOLWHIP"!!!!! I think he got really over shadow by the upperclassman at North at the time. Than after the great season and run for the State Championship. The next year a lot of players left. I know he will get his nods and turning of heads this season. Great kid and Family.

8. Braves

This one really surprises me. I love how this kid plays the game. He is hard-nosed with a lot of talent. The very 1st game I saw AK play last year, this kid stood out among everyone.

I know people say this and mean it, but I, also, am going to say it and mean it. Brett won't last very long. If I was a school in need of a MIF and great bat, I would be very aggressive in locking him up. This would be an outstanding selection!

Recruiting is a funny business. I bet if a Carolina was interested in this young man, everybody else would be ringing his phone off the hook. It's amazing how that works.

9. coach barry

coach barry Junior Member

whats going on

wayne lewis 5'9 OF 08'(vance high)nc
    great ball player i just cant beleive this kid doesnt get an respect in the charlotte area this kid has good speed great arm quick hands at the plate.i remember reading about this kid in the paper going 2-3 a hr with a triple and 4rbi's and vance losing 5-4 his sop. year. His school's team not great but that shouldnt hold this kid back. last year he bat .412 with 2 hr's and 20 stloen bases someone plz tell me how this kid doesnt make the all-conference team. i've talked to the kid and he has offers/interest from school north carolina central,st.aug college,flourence darlington CC,unv. of south carolina beufort, but this kid can do much better than that

10. Braves

Good point. I'm not exactly sure why the players from Vance don't get the recognition they deserve. Alex Hill is a good example. He is one of the most talented baseball players in the state, yet, did not get the attention he deserved. I bet that doesn't happen with his kid brother Mikal.