1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Travel Ball Results

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by storm030, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Bulldog Boy

Bulldog Boy Junior Member

Been on both sides of this one and no team should stray from playing "their game" because the competition can't keep up with them. Bases should be taken on any mistake at any time - if you don't want a team running on you and scoring - then you should protect the ball. It's not up for the coaches of the Outlaws-Black to stop them - that's a job for the teams they compete against. Why fault the team that has worked hard and prepared for the tournaments.

2. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

Agreed, our girls work hard and give up many free time hours to practice ball, now I ask myself why not enforce what we've taught them...like I've said before travel ball is not designed for REC Teams.....it is for those that are serious about their play and their future toward college.....Softball Guru.............:trophy:

3. 1FPFAN

1FPFAN Full Access Member

What you teach the girls should go beyond the game. No doubt you have a good team. Doesn't mean other teams don't work just as hard. They just may not be as fortunate with the talent.
    The girls are old enough to understand that when you hold them from stealing on passed balls it's for a reason. And they also understand when they are in a situation when they need to take all they can get.
    Wheter you win by 1 or 28, the bracket result is the same.

4. bradyjr44

bradyjr44 SportyJuJu07

14u Tournament (Wilksboro)

14u Carolina Attitude beat the Hit-n-Run 6-2 to win the Championship in Wilksboro.

Very good run tournament.

1st Place-Carolina Attitude 4-0
    2nd Place-Hit-n-Run 4-2
    3rd Place-Phoenix Fastpitch 4-2

Good job to all the ladies in Wilksboro even being so cold.

5. storm030

storm030 Full Access Member

NSA Western One Day Madness- Wilkesboro

10u
    1st Copperheads
    2nd Diamond Girls Blue
    3rd Orange Crush

12u
    1st Orange Crush
    2nd Peaches
    3rd Carolina Stars

14u
    1st Carolina Attitude
    2nd Hit-n-Run
    3rd Phoenix Fastpitch

16u
    1st CV Storm
    2nd McDowell Rage
    3rd Carolina Bulldogs

6. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

snow there too?

6 games today and i know you are proud of the girls!

7. cfastpitch44

cfastpitch44 Full Access Member

Most of the teams that get beat like this learn from it and end up being the better teams in the long run. They actually learn the whole aspect of the game and just don,t sit back and watch there pitcher dominate at an early age. Its great to win, but its also great to have some good teams to gun for.

8. Bmac1

Bmac1 Full Access Member

Working hard is a very important lesson to learn and the benefits should be enjoyed. However, there are some lessons in life that a have much more meaningful effect on these young ladies than how many runs you score on a team that is much less talented. The lesson of NOT scoring at every opportunity when the game is decidedly in hand will mean more to a player 10 years from now than learning how to embarass a team. IMO, I think when a team runs up the score intentionally, the only thing that is gained is the coach's ego gets bigger. Maybe we all should be more impressed if this team moved up to 14U where they can be challenged and then beat some of those teams by 10-20 runs.

About 5 or 6 yeras ago our 14U team competed against the Cobras from Cabarrus county. This team had many of the current and recent Central Cabarrus players, including Stephanie Beatty, Destiny and Chasity Covington and Gina Allen. This team had as much talent as any 14U team I have ever seen and showed it by winning the NSA, USSSA, AAU states, NSA World and Super World Series, AAU National Championship and many other tournaments in between. They had the capablity to beat most any team they played and could have run the score up anytime if they wanted, however, Bill Allen the Cobras coach, is a man of character and a class act, chose not to.

We were playing the Cobras in the Super World Series in Peoria, IL Labor Day weekend that year and our team had one of those days when we couldn't come close to putting the ball in play (Gina's rise ball may have had something to do with that!), and we were down 10 runs by the second inning. Bill Allen began holding his players on passed balls and extra base hits. I'll never forget that and it showed me that this game can be played to win, but with class.

Since then our teams have been on both sides of this situation and I will always remember how Bill Allen taught his team to be winners.

9. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

Right

Agreed:agreed: :agreed:

10. ladiesbballfan

ladiesbballfan Full Access Member

:agreed: