1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

TRAVEL BALL VS HIGHSCHOOL BALL

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by cheeze105, Apr 4, 2007.

1. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

please keep the discussion to travel ball vs hs ball

2. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

UH-OH--- BANNING THREAD UPON US !!!!

I'll not fall for this Cheeze----No Way !!!-----You are starting to remind me of someone----but no names mentioned----I'll just keep you GUESSING !!! Thought you trapped me....want work---HAHAHA---the jokes on you !!! I'll give you a clue about your topic ( SEE BELOW )

:beatdeadhorse5:

3. softball4ever1987

softball4ever1987 Proud Mama

TB vs HS

Well there are good and bad things about both!
    TB you play a lot more games, so in turn you get a lot more game experience to learn and refine your skills!
    HS you play 2 maybe 3 games per week, the level of competetion is not even close to TB!
    TB you get to choose the team or coach that you want or that you want for your DD!
    HS you get to choose nothing!
    TB the teams get to travel around to different areas play againest different opponents that they may not have seen before!
    HS play the same teams all 4 years a kid is there, for the most part!
    TB sometimes is just a place to play ball!
    HS you get to perform in front of your peers and there is the school spirit thing!
    TB can be like an extended family!
    HS can be a large "peyton place"!
    TB on your good teams, offers extremely detailed skill learning and position skills, a lot of times, includes more than 1 position!
    HS usually only going to get practice/play at one position, the one that the coach wants you at!
    TB very expensive!
    HS cost usually covered by school for the most part!
    TB you have the opportunity to be seen by lots of college coaches!
    HS you don't have much of a shot of being seen by any college coach, unless their kid/family member/friend, plays at your HS!
    Just a few examples - not saying that these example are true or false for every team out there.

4. Softball Guru

Good Observations----I will agree also that not every HS / TB teams meet these goals,but in essence a very good outline......:hyper:

5. softballmom35

softballmom35 softball diva

I think both have their advantages and disadvantages depending on each persons individual preferences. In my case, I found that tb has made both of my girls better softball players. My youngest dd played close to 100 games last year in tb and by the end of the season it was amazing to see how she had sharpened her skills. HS gives a sense of pride and community that is really great for the girls. My only real snag in the travel ball vs schoolball is the conflict with coaches. I think some of you have dealt with the issue of school ball coaches not wanting their girls to play TB during the school season. This is my biggest issue againt HS/MS ball. I can understand the SB coach not wanting their players hurt/tired after a weekend of TB but they also need to understand that their players are usually great because of TB. What do ya'll think?

6. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

it's about pitching

the HS coach doesn't want their ace pitchers throwing umpteen innings on Sat. / Sun. in a TB tourn when he/she needs 'em for a Mon or Tues. conference dual that may having baring on playoffs.

7. ladiesbballfan

ladiesbballfan Full Access Member

I really don't think most TB coaches would abuse the situation with the pitcher. There's usually more than 1 pitcher anyway, unlike a lot of high schools. Games are usually on Tuesday. Rest on Monday, and you will be ready to go. Again, I think there could be a compromise.

Let me go out on a limb, and say, there might be a lot better hitting on Tuesday if the players had 18-20 at bats over the weekend against quality pitching. I think that would outweigh the situation with the pitching.:bulb2:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  8. softballmom35

softballmom35 softball diva

I agree 100%. As for pitching, my youngest dd pitches better after a weekend of TB. But she is one of 3 pitchers on her Tb team so she gets rest.

9. reporter

reporter Full Access Member

For once me and you agree on something. Maybe we can build on this. lol
    Usually in travelball you have much better coaching. The kids learn a lot more and in most cases and most importantly they have more fun in TB

10. Softball Guru

AGREED---I much rather have a kid that studies the game on a continual bases than one that only has HS from March to June...like I said before take the TB players off your team,and see how much talent you have left...I hope I don't get BANNED for saying that,but it's TRUE !!!

:hurray::hurray::hurray: