1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

TRI-7 NEWS... including my last hs game of my career

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by JM15, May 16, 2003.

1. JM15

JM15 Moderator

to those of you in the playoffs, good luck. i wish i was there. tonight in my last high school game of my career, i went all 7 on the mound. gave up a few hits (a 2-run homerun.... little field, @ Apex if any of you have been there). at the plate i was 3-3 with a 2RBI double, solo HR, and a single. Apex is our #1 rival and man, did it feel good gettin the final three outs of the game. Perfect way to cap off a high school career, no doubt.

It's time for Legion ball now!!! We finished 4th in the Tri-7, not bad, but not great. But Sunday starts Legion, and game #1 is next Thursday vs. Garner (doubtful if Green Hope and Garner are both in the playoffs).

GREEN HOPE (my boys from legion ball) beat Fuquay tonight. Green Hope faces Lee County tomorrow at 1:00 to see who makes the playoffs as the #2 team.

2. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

that's a heck of a way to go out. you'll remember that for the rest of your life. great job.

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Wow..JM...nothing like going out in glory, huh!!!!!

Let's see, final game in HS, pitched all 7, hit at every at bat, launched a HR and won the game against #1 rival...not bad...not bad at all.

As LarryD said, you will remember that game the rest of your life!

:applause:

4. JM15

JM15 Moderator

Green Hope rallied to beat Lee County today, 5-4.

Tri-7 Playoff Teams:
    1) Fuquay
    2) Green Hope

Rest of Standings:
    3) Lee County
    4) Cary
    5) Apex
    6) Western Harnett
    7) Middle Creek

Not sure about 5-7 but I think that is right. Green Hope is hot right now, beat Fuquay on Friday night and turned around to be Lee County today. Who do they play first? Cap-7 #1? I could see a Green Hope win over anyone in that conference.

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I believe they play Wake Forest / Rolesville...no easy task

6. SincereNCinMD

SincereNCinMD Full Access Member

I know Western Harnett sucks but tell me what you think about Eric Mays.

7. JM15

JM15 Moderator

he looked like a pretty solid catcher when we played down there, he had some nice basehits too. don't remember what he did in Cary against us but nobody did much against us that night. what year is he?

8. SincereNCinMD

SincereNCinMD Full Access Member

its his last year. only reason i'm asking because he's stuck on trying to play baseball in college which is limiting his school choices because he was a beast this past year in football. would of been conference player of the year in football if the head coach didn't send 2 players in for choices.

9. changeofpace

changeofpace Junior Member

Green hope does play Wake Forest Rolesville Tuesday. Should be very good game. A toss up in my opinion. How much Pitching does Green Hope have after Friday's win vs Fuquay and Saturday win vs Lee Cty?? WFR I quess will throw Emmert(ECU). He's reportedly only allowed like 2 ER in his last 19 innings. Throwing 89-91 from the bump. If Green Hope throws Khaylid.....that will be a interesting contrast in styles. Can't wait for Tuesday to get here!!!

10. JM15

JM15 Moderator

GH pitching:

Trevor Kaylid: SR, going to James Madison next year. Lefty, throws all off-speed, hits his spots. I would imagine he will be going up against WFR.

Kory Judd: JR, this guy is the suprise of the season for the Falcons. He has won some big ball games for them (Fuquay, to name one). Has a good fastball and a good curve. I think he has developed more into a closer.

Alan DeRatt: JR, good righty with some nasty pitches. Doesnt throw real hard but can get the fastball by you. He pitched all 7 on Saturday vs. Lee.

I would expect to see Kaylid then Judd... or Judd then Kaylid. Green Hope is a good hitting team, at times. They can look real good, or REAL bad. If you can take them out of the game early and shut them up (they are a noisy bunch) then it will go well, don't let them hang around though. They can beat anyone in the state if its close. They do the little things right that win ballgames, and its paid off for them.