1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

UNC Charlotte 49ers Strike Gold

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by SCPBUC, Aug 28, 2008.

1. SCPBUC

SCPBUC Full Access Member

The UNC Charlotte 49ers strike gold today with two high profile committments.

2009 Olympic HS RHP Corey Roberts verbally committed to the 49ers to attend school and play baseball after his senior season at Olympic.

2009 East Rown HS RHP Corbin Shive also verbally committed to the 49ers to attend school and play baseball after his senior season with the ER Mustangs.

Congratulations to both of these fine young men and their families.

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Wow....I gotta salute the 49'ers. They had to outwork others to land these great ballplayers.

I've been waiting on Corey's selection. I can not be happier for he and his family. For those that have watched Sean Pope pitch, Corey looks like his twin. They are both bulldogs on the mound. Congratulations to an outstanding young man!!! Plus, he is close enough where I get to watch him play.

Although I have not seen Corbin play, I have heard only great things about this young man. I expect his future at UNC Charlotte to be successful.

3. CAROLINABALL2

CAROLINABALL2 Junior Member

BUILDING

Charlotte has done a great job the last few years landing some the best talent in the state and keeping the talent at home. They are building what has to be one of the top pitching staffs around with Pope, Roberts and Shive added to Pilkington, Rothlin, Andrew Smith and Yermal all are Soph and Fresh they are going to be very good in years to come.Congrats to coach Hibbs and THE 49ERS.